3rd Trimester

when did you start going to the ob every 2 weeks?

I went to my 31 week OB appt yesterday , and when I got my card telling me when my next appt is for ...its in 2 weeks!

I didnt think I would be every 2 weeks until later. Is this early? or when did you ladies start going more often? and when does the every week usually start?

thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: when did you start going to the ob every 2 weeks?

• I haven't yet because I'm not far enough along, but my OB starts every 2 weeks around 32 weeks. So it sounds about right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it depends on the MD. My MDs office started scheduling me 33, 35, 37 and then once a week (which sucks cause its a 40 minute drive each way). I had control and could have changed the appointments to 3 weeks, some MDs will work with you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB told me at my 27 week appt to start coming in every two weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started at 18 weeks - high risk.  The norm at my OB is to go every 2 weeks starting at 26-28 weeks.
  • My last OB appt was at 33 wks for me, and that is when I started scheduling for every two weeks. I think it starts at 32 wks, but my appts were a little offset from the beginning.
  • My doctor said to start at 32 weeks coming every two weeks, then one week at 36 weeks. Kind of scary to think about since it's only around the corner now.
  • 28 weeks with DS, and it should be the same this time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will start going every two weeks once I hit 28 weeks, then at 36 weeks it is every week.
  • I was every 4 weeks til approx. 29 weeks.  Then I had 2 weeks til my next appointment (~31 weeks), then 3 weeks til my next (~34 weeks), and it will be 2 weeks til my next (~36 weeks).  Then it will be weekly thereafter.  I'm lucky that my hospital is walking distance from my job.... although it is taking me longer to walk now than it used to!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• every place is different... i just had my last monthly appt yesterday, so my 2wk appts will start at 29wks (i thought that was really early too) 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I only do one two week appt...from 36 to 38...then I start weekly.
  • At my appointment on week 27 they told me to come back in 2 weeks and I'll keep going every 2 weeks until 36 weeks then it switches to every week.

• At my doc's office, they have women start coming in every 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks and then weekly starting at 36 weeks. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2-3 weeks from 28 weeks till 36 weeks; then weekly till delivery.
  • imageSarahP15:
    At my doc's office, they have women start coming in every 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks and then weekly starting at 36 weeks. 

Exactly this for me.

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • my ob starts at 30 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • I started every 2 weeks at 30 as well. 

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

• Mine starts every 2 weeks at 28 weeks and then weekly at 36 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds right to me... I go for my second two week appointment next week and then I'm pretty sure I'm moving up to weekly ones!
  • Mine was 28 weeks and then at 36 weeks every week. 
  • my OB started seeing me every 2 weeks @ 26 weeks!  I will go every week starting at 33

• Mine will start at my 32 week ultrasound and then every week at 37
  • Not until maybe 34 weeks. 
  • 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks for me....then weekly appts at 36 weeks.

• at 28 weeks
  • 28 wks for me
  • I can't remember when my Ob told me she usually starts seeing patients every 2 weeks, but at my last appt. I was about 26 weeks and due to my weight gain issues and some other things she wants to start seeing me every 2 weeks now. So I guess it all depends on your doctor and your pregnancy.
  • imageSarahP15:
    At my doc's office, they have women start coming in every 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks and then weekly starting at 36 weeks. 

Exactly like my doctor's office!

• I started at 29 weeks. They would have started me at 28 weeks but my timing with appointments was off.
  • After my 28th week check.  Then at 36 weeks, it's weekly for me.

• imagethatgirl84:
    My last OB appt was at 33 wks for me, and that is when I started scheduling for every two weeks. I think it starts at 32 wks, but my appts were a little offset from the beginning.

This, and then weekly starting at 36 wks 

• This has been bugging me too! I am 30 weeks and my last appointment, I was 27 weeks. I was somewhat surprised my next appointment was still in 4 week increments. Another girl I know personally who is due 3 days after me and goes to another OB went on her 28th week and started her biweekly appointments already. So I have yet to start going biweekly... I'm wondering if they will start after my appointment which is on next Tuesday?
  • I just had my 32 week appt and the doctor didnt tell me to come back until 36 weeks
  • Chilz08Chilz08 member
    As of last week (33 weeks)...
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"