Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Night time diaper changes & 4 month wakeful phase

So I feed my daughter to sleep & she's been more awake after feeds at night & waking up more lately at night. I want to keep her more sleepy so I keep the lights completly off but what about changing? There has been a few nights I wanted her to stay asleep and made myself change her, I wanted so bad to just put her to bed sleepy instead of having to change her risking her to wake up more. What did you girls do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Night time diaper changes & 4 month wakeful phase

• I don't change during the night and we haven't had any problems.  We change before bed about 6 or 7 and then when she get's up around 5.
  • I just try to feel her diaper - if it seems super wet, I change her.  Usually, this means I change her once/night (around 1 or 3, depending on when she wakes).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't change during the night unless he has a dirty diaper.  I haven't been changing during the night probably since he was 6 wks old.  If you use Pampers or Huggies or another good brand, the diaper shouldn't leak overnight.  If it does, go up a size for night time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO sleeps one long stretch at first and then two shorter stretches. I always change her after the first stretch, in the dark with a nightlight, then feed her and put her down. I don't always change her with the other wakings, but if I do I do it in the dark before nursing her.
  • I change her diaper before the night time feeding, then lay her in her crib after she falls asleep on the boob.  If she happens to wake up during the night, I do change her before feeding her back to sleep again.  But most times, she's sleeping from 8-9 hours per night.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekrispylove:
    I change her diaper before the night time feeding, then lay her in her crib after she falls asleep on the boob.  If she happens to wake up during the night, I do change her before feeding her back to sleep again.  But most times, she's sleeping from 8-9 hours per night.

This

• We've been using Huggies overnight diapers for about two months now.  At least in that time, he hasn't pooped at night so all we're dealing with is wetness.  The overnights are awesome and have only had one leak.  (DH thinks he didn't put it on securely that night.)  They only start at size 3 but we used them long before he was within that weight range with no problem.  We just change it right before putting pjs on and then not until morning.  They are pricier but you only use one/night so NBD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You don't need to change her.  My DS goes 12 hours in the same diaper at night.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• imageDreamsicle23:
    You don't need to change her.  My DS goes 12 hours in the same diaper at night.

DD is in the same diaper for 12 hours overnight too, but it's cloth. IDK if it makes a difference? But I'd say that if she doesn't have a dirty diaper, isn't leaking, and isn't getting a rash then you don't need to worry about it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only change DS after his first long stretch, then feed him. He's usually pretty wet in the morning but so far no leaking or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do cloth diapers.  We don't change him at all from the time he falls asleep until the morning, which is anywhere from 10-12 hours.  He does not poop in the night, so he just wakes up in a soaking wet diaper, but he has never had a rash or any issues from it.  L gets really excited during diaper changes to the point that he will giggle and get super squirmy and have a hard time getting back to sleep.  So we avoid them during the night.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We don't change him at night unless he poops. We don't have an issue with the diaper leaking or diaper rash (we do put vaseline on his butt before bed though) and he goes 12 hours between changes.
  • In the beginning I was changing little one 1-2 times a night until i realized I didnt really need to! He is 4months now and I've been putting him to bed at night around 9:30 and he is in the same diaper until 7 in the morning. So sometimes 10-12 hours he is in the same diaper unless he has a poopy diaper in the middle of the night which is rare or he feels super wet when he wakes up to eat. I recommend Pampers diapers if you're going over night. I trust Pampers and never had any leaking issues...only if he has been in the diaper for super super long will it leak. I heard about the Huggies Overnights and heard good things. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"