August 2011 Moms

Braxton Hicks???

Okay so for the past few days Ive been noticing braxton hicks alot more than usual. Today it has been constant and right now (Im laying in bed) I cant move its so painful. I know BH arent painful really but thats how much my muscles are tightening up. My question is can BH be constant and last basically all day?? TIA!
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Braxton Hicks???

• I have pretty major BH contractions - starting at 13 weeks! Ugh!  They are much more uncomfortable at this point, and continue to get worse for me as pg goes on.  My doctor said to just make sure I don't have more than 6 in an hour.  I never have that many - 4 has been my max in an hour, but I'm usually closer to 1-3/hour.  Drinking TONS of water and keeping my bladder empty both seem to help... which means I'm constantly drinking and peeing :) 

Good luck! 

• imagelittlepoppyseed:

I have pretty major BH contractions - starting at 13 weeks! Ugh!  They are much more uncomfortable at this point, and continue to get worse for me as pg goes on.  My doctor said to just make sure I don't have more than 6 in an hour.  I never have that many - 4 has been my max in an hour, but I'm usually closer to 1-3/hour.  Drinking TONS of water and keeping my bladder empty both seem to help... which means I'm constantly drinking and peeing :) 

I second the bolded part, though I haven't had BH yet. If it were me, and they stay pretty frequent and/or painful for a little longer, I would call the doc to be safe. Hope you feel better soon!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelittlepoppyseed:

I have pretty major BH contractions - starting at 13 weeks! Ugh!  They are much more uncomfortable at this point, and continue to get worse for me as pg goes on.  My doctor said to just make sure I don't have more than 6 in an hour.  I never have that many - 4 has been my max in an hour, but I'm usually closer to 1-3/hour.  Drinking TONS of water and keeping my bladder empty both seem to help... which means I'm constantly drinking and peeing :) 

Good luck! 

This is pretty much what my doctor told me also.  I have had some bad ones, but have only had about 1-3 in a hour before.  I have not had them for a few days now, but I have been drinking and peeing constantly!!

• I usually start getting them when I'm about 4 months along and I've had some fairly painful ones at times.  Drinking more water does hslp quite a bit.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ijackijack member
    After having a slight freak out a couple weeks ago (I have a history of PTL, contrax scare me) I was told that the only way you can 100% call them BH is if your cervix isn't changing - which you can't really tell. My doctor's response was that if you're having more than 6/hr you should most definitely be calling. Sometimes BH are painful and sometimes regular contractions aren't - your cervix is really the only thing that separates the two.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • I started having them this time at 16 weeks, started with DD at 18 weeks. I notice that I have them a lot more if I have sat down a lot, I need to get up and move around a bit every now and then, or if I need to pee I will have them! So drink drink drink but pee pee pee!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ijackijack member

imageMrsSkull1107:
    I feel like such a first-timer, but BH contractions feel like a tightening in your lower abdominal area, correct? Or is what I'm feeling very infrequently, maybe twice a day but not every day, something else? I've never been pregnant before, so I just assumed the tightness I feel in that area is normal but now I'm just curious what it is exactly. I'm thinking BH but I'd love some confirmation from your lovely ladies! Thanks!

Kind of like that and your belly gets hard. It's hard at this stage to really know when you're feeling them, because sometimes your baby can be moving into a position that shifts your uterus and makes your belly tight. 

Super helpful, right? 

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"