August 2011 Moms

what do "hiccups" feel like?

what does it feel like when the baby has hiccups?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what do "hiccups" feel like?

• Well, I've heard a couple of women say that it hurt but I've never felt any pain from a baby having hiccups.  You can for the most part see your stomach move and it just feels like a little jump.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • They shouldn't hurt.  Your whole belly will just jump every few seconds.  It's actually quite cool Big Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ijackijack member
    this early my belly doesn't jump yet, it's more like a little movement on a very regular basis. When I was more pg it felt more like my whole belly moving.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • I think I had them for the first time last night. LO's movements are usually pretty irregular.. I"ll feel a jab here a kick there but usually pretty far apart. Last night when I was on the couch watching TV I felt a whole bunch of movement that was like spaced apart pretty evenly like hiccups would be. It was like movement...15 seconds... movement... 15 seconds... etc It lasted for maybe like 5 minutes tops and then it stopped. 
  • imageijack:
    this early my belly doesn't jump yet, it's more like a little movement on a very regular basis. When I was more pg it felt more like my whole belly moving.

this! my poor baby has been getting them alot recently too lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What I'm feeling right now is almost like when you have an "eye twitch" but @ the top of my stomach. VERY strange! I dont know if that is what it is

• it didnt even occur to me that the quick lil jumps im my tummy were hiccups. i just thought she was moving around, but i bet its hiccups.
  • Basically, it felt to me exactly what I imagined something inside me having the hiccups would feel like :P It was these little rhythmic jerking sensations that were in the same place. Lasted maybe 5-10 minutes.

• For me, it just feels like little jumps that happen at somewhat regular intervals. The kicks and punches are more random.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"