1st Trimester

Help! Would you eat this..

I know turkey is off limits per most doctors, but my dr. said that if you actually buy the turkey and make it yourself it is fine to eat. The issue with cold cuts is that the deli leaves it out too long and it grows bacteria..

So today, I brought my lunch and forgot to put it in the fridge (Turkey sandwich.) It sat out on my desk 8-11:30. Im assuming this is now considered "unsafe" to eat? (can you tell i REALLY want it!) Would you eat this? What about if I microwave the turkey part to kill off any germs???

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help! Would you eat this..

• I would just microwave it and eat it ;-)
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would pull the turkey off and zap it real quick-but thats just me. All I can figure is thousands of kids leave stuff like that in their locker and I havent heard of any issues. People might tell you to not take the risk but if you cooked it and you zap it it should be alright...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd eat it... but then again, I'd eat anything... lol
    Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • Firstly it's not turkey that is the problem it's deli cold cuts which are okay to eat if you heat them, same with soft cheese. You really should be fine. 3 hours is not that long and seriously, women back in the day ate all kinds of food left out and we're all here today. I'm not saying do it all the time but just heat the turkey and you'll be fine.
    Many blessings Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd eat it.  But if you're nervous about it then microwave the turkey for 30 seconds.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Eat it for sure! 
  • Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be eatting this now !
  • kg_08kg_08 member

Microwave and eat!

FWIW I ate cold lumchmeat all through my pregnancy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"