Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Mother's Day

DH had lunch with his mom yesterday, and last night proposed the idea of leaving LO with her on Mother's Day so he could take me out to lunch or dinner just the two of us. Now, I know I should think that was a sweet idea, and ignore the fact that I know it was all her idea and DH had no part in it, but I kinda feel like Mother's Day is supposed to be celebrated with your kids too.

Am I wrong?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Mother's Day

• No way! It is your first mother's day with this LO! (Not sure if you have multiple). I told my DH that I just want a day with my little family and decided I want to go to the beach for the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Ok, good.

MIL is CONSTANTLY trying to get me to leave LO with her, like pushing my FIL to try to get DH and me to go to a movie so she can have her all to herself, but I don't like going to see movies in the theaters. I knew as soon as he proposed it that it was all her idea. I'll leave LO with her when I am ready.

As for my first Mother's Day, maybe my present should be not having to go to m IL's house. lol

• Loading the player...
  • imagecruelsound:
    I definitely want E with us the entire day, but SO will be on diaper duty, not me.

Nice. :)

• Birthdays and anniversary are date nights. Mothers day is for family!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds like something my MIL would do.

Normally, hubs and I spend Mother's Day apart from each other -- I go out to my Mom and Dad's house and he goes over to see his mom.

Hmm... wonder what we'll do this year? I think I will say that Stella gets to go to my mom's house since his mom got to see her on Easter and my Mom had to do Easter a week early.

• Mother's day is meant to be spent with your family (haha-not the in-laws unless you want to). Even though DS is too little to know, I am kinda sad I will be working on my first mother's day (I'm a nurse and its my weekend on). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only reason I mentioned not being at their house is bc normally we go to his parents house for a meal on the weekends and usually on Sunday's.

I just offered up the idea of a beach day, just the three of us... we'll see.

• No way!  I want to spend mine with my little family too.  Unfortunately, I am having my gallbladder removed the Thursday before so I hope I am feeling ok on Sunday.  We live at the beach so I wanted to do a nice walk and picnic.  We'll see how Im feeling.  I think DH is also getting me a gift cert for my fave salon which is awesome because I could use some pampering. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageVMRRN23:
    Mother's day is meant to be spent with your family (haha-not the in-laws unless you want to). Even though DS is too little to know, I am kinda sad I will be working on my first mother's day (I'm a nurse and its my weekend on). 

This.  I also will be working :P  Not real happy about it, but maybe that means DH will clean house and cook while I am gone, and we can just hang out when I get back.  I should probably find out what my MIL's plans are, though, because they like to stop by our house after church (especially on my work weekends), and then she.never.leaves.  And I'm going to want her out of the house by the time I get back.  I love her, but not enough to share my first mother's day with her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahTx5701:
    Birthdays and anniversary are date nights. Mothers day is for family!!!!!
    thi
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecruelsound:
    I definitely want E with us the entire day, but SO will be on diaper duty, not me.

I think I'll copy you!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • This is my first Mother's Day & I definitely want to spend it with Laila.  I'm going to dress her up & take pictures.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"