Parenting

Most hated baby names in US list

https://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2011/4/the-most-hated-baby-names-in-america

I guess we kind of made the list--it says for #10 that people hate "virtue" names, though the virtue thing wasn't really my intent with Grace and Joy. 

Re: Most hated baby names in US list

• I totally agree with all the -den boy names!
  • I agree with some of those names, for example, I really dislike Nevaeh. I find the mention of the virtue names kind of funny, actually. I have a good friend from HS who named her DDs Faith and Grace and I never thought they were bad names. In fact, I know several people who have named their kids names on the list.

ETA: virtue-names mention is funny in the sense that I didn't think they were so bad, not funny that I agree and I'm laughing at my friend.

• Loading the player...
  • This made me LOL! 

I was laughing when reading this because I am FB friends with someone who has every name minus Nevaeh 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • These are so true! Although there are a few on there I like. But I hate the name Aiden...hate,hate.hate! 

ETA: We choose a pretty trendy name for DS- Tyler. There are tons around but we love the name just the same. 

• OOOO, I am SO offended that Jackson is on there.

lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the girls names for the most part though I think Hope can be pretty--but is my annoy neighbor's name : )

The boys names--agree with aden...glad I didn't name DS1, Hayden as orginally proposed.   Although, Nathan sounds like them.  I don't like Kaeden either.  Micheal and Jackson are alright.  Matthew was mentioned (under Micheal as too common) and that is DS2's mn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the list!
  • What the heck does "fakey" mean?
    imageimageimage
  • ITA with Nevaeh. I really strongly dislike that name.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I absolutley love my DD's name, I surprised it is on the list. 
  • One of my very good friends has a Hunter and Mackenzie Tongue Tied!
    -Sarah, Ryan 10.26.05 & Caleb 5.2.07 image
  • imagej*w*:
    I totally agree with all the -den boy names!

This!

SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • We made the list with DD#3, but I don't really care because we wanted her name to mean something since my mother died while I was pg with her.
    Michelle Mommy to Kayleigh, Audrey and Faith. image
  • Meh. I am not surprised at all.

I have seen all the "Addison" bashing on the baby name board. I am immune to it now. Wink

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"