Postpartum Depression

i didn't think i would feel this way...:(

so...i'm depressed. i didn't think this would happen. gosh. i was so excited to have lo and now she's here and i'm sad. :( why??

i feel completely lost, fuzzy, depressed...i find myself just crying b/c i am so frustrated with how i feel. i want to feel like myself again.

on top of that, ds cries all of the time :-/ i know she's only just over a wk old, but when she's not eating or napping she's screaming. its really wearing on me. especially at night.

i love her so much and want to be happy she's finally here. i think i need to get help if this persists much longer.

anyone else dealing with this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: i didn't think i would feel this way...:(

• I think we're all dealing with this lol Everybody gets frustrated and that's normal. It's very stressful dealing with a crying baby. My LO is always fussy, we can't go out in public at all. It does get better though. If you feel that overwhelmed and feel like you can't deal, then maybe talk to your OB about meds. That does not make you a bad mother. Nobody really thinks it will happen to them but alot of people experience PPD.

Hope you feel better soon.

• BIG HUG.

My first four weeks were like yours, I was elated, but in hell due to the sleep deprivation and aural assault.

Enlist help during the day from family and friends, talk to a doctor you trust. You're a good mom and it does get better.

Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • After DD was born, I immediately spiraled down into depression.  I was surprised at how fast and hard I was hit.  For the first two weeks I blamed it on the massive change and sleep deprivation.  Then the next few weeks I blamed it on the fact that we had a VERY fussy baby who sounded exactly like yours, generally unhappy all the time.  Then I had to come to terms with the fact that I had PPD.  I found a really good counselor who specialized in PPD.  If you can afford it, or if you have benefits, I would highly recommend not waiting to speak to someone.  I feel MUCH better now, but I feel like I missed out on the whole newborn stage because I was in somewhat of an unhappy haze.  I do feel much better now at 12 weeks and DD is so different - more happy, smiley and content.  It took weeks for both of us to get here, but now it's finally a wonderful experience.  You'll have that too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thank you!! its good to hear that it will get better!
  • You just described my feelings over the last few months, perfectly! It really makes me feel a lot better to hear that someone else feels exactly the way I do. I even know exactly what you mean by fuzzy. I am just not myself anymore. I know you love your LO, and that you are happy to have her home. Take my word for it, though, this is not normal, get help while you can. It can quickly escalade into something much worse. Knowing that others around you feel the same way and that these feelings are not uncommon among new moms, doesnt make it okay. I know you are an awesome mommy, now do something for you, and talk to your Dr. about this, youll feel so much better. :)

• I had a really hard time the first couple weeks too. It gets better!! I took it out on my husband unfortunately but he wasn't helping very much and being stuck in the house for two weeks was insane. If you aren't breastfeeding I suggest go out for at least an hour to go get coffee or something. I still feel sad sometimes and even angry. My mom comes over twice a week and cleans and cooks and listens to all my complaints which helps. If someone can come over and help you take it. I was too proud the first week but after that I changed my mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"