Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

when do you think you will start potty training?

and if you have already started, how is it going?

Re: when do you think you will start potty training?

• Probably not before 2 1/2 years. 
    www.mvstephenson.wordpress.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Around 2 years, but we've started talking to DD about it. She likes to follow me into the bathroom, and I use it as instruction time; "Mommy is sitting down and going potty," that kind of thing. I feel kind of silly doing it, but I figure it will help! (She's 15 months)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are thinking around September so almost 2 1/2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekurlieq:
    Around 2 years, but we've started talking to DD about it. She likes to follow me into the bathroom, and I use it as instruction time; "Mommy is sitting down and going potty," that kind of thing. I feel kind of silly doing it, but I figure it will help! (She's 15 months)

that is a great idea!!

• ch3lsch3ls member

imagevernab:
    Probably not before 2 1/2 years. 

same

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ablouablou member
    I think we'll buy a potty when he's two.  We would like him to be totally potty trained by the time we TTC #2, which we're planning on doing in 2013.
  • I am following DD's cues and signs of readiness. She is getting close.  She is starting to tell me when she is going poo-poo (though not consistently, and usually she tells me AFTER she has gone poo-poo.  LOL.   She's also showing more interest in her potty.  She'll sit in it sometimes when I go to the bathroom.  I figure in another couple of months we may be able to start training more actively.  She will be 2 next month so I'm not in a big hurry but since she is showing signs, I want to encourage it if she is ready. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • when he starts showing signs he's ready, I'm not into pushing it. He knows the sign for poop and will sign poop as I'm changing his diaper... not if he signs BEFORE he actually poops I might actually do something about it.
  • DS has a potty & goes to the bathroom with us when we go, sits on the potty & then washes his hands after.  He has started telling us when he goes poo-poo & sometimes pee-pee. 

I plan on doing the Three-Day Potty Training & they say to wait until they wake up dry so that's what I'm waiting on.

• When he starts showing readiness signs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"