Breastfeeding
Options

really yellow BM from frozen

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning I thawed some frozen BM for LO and most of it looked like it usually does, a creamy white/yellow color, but part of it was REALLY golden yellow.  I thought maybe it was just the fat that had separated so I gently swirled it and went to get a nipple.  When I came back to it not even a min later the golden yellow part had separated again and was at the top of the bottle.  I smelled it and it smelled fine, I didn't get around to tasting it, but I dumped it because I've never had this happen before and it made me uneasy. 

What do you think this could be and what are the rules on using it?  It smelled fine so maybe just taste it next time and if it smells/tastes ok its fine to use?

Thanks so much!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: really yellow BM from frozen

• Options
    This happens to me with some of my older stash (older as in 2 months old).  I've always used it and it's been received by baby just fine.  No bad side effects or anything either.  I think it's just how the milk thaws and separates.
  • Options

imagejmmiller28:
    This happens to me with some of my older stash (older as in 2 months old).  I've always used it and it's been received by baby just fine.  No bad side effects or anything either.  I think it's just how the milk thaws and separates.

Same thing here.  I always offer it to LO if it smells OK, and LO takes it just fine.  If the baby didn't like it, I'd dump it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"