Baby Names

What do you think of the name Samantha?

DH has lately been suggesting the name Samantha, at first I was against it because it was a more "common" name you see a lot, but now that I have thought on it, it isn't as widely used as much, and the name has grown on me. What do you ladies think? here are some FN and MN combos, last name starts with P.

Samantha Lee

Samantha Lynn

Samantha Jane

Samantha Grace

Also we wanted to try to incorporate my mothers name (Kimberly) but cannot seem to find a good way other than Samantha Kimberly or a variation with Samantha Amberly...

If you ladies have any other name combos feel free to suggest them :) thanks.

Re: What do you think of the name Samantha?

• Samantha Jane is on our short list, so I have to say I love it! I think Samantha is a lovely name. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Samantha is always a good name :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Loading the player...
  • It's very 80's to me.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like it, but I think it is still too popular for my taste.  I have two friends with little girls named Samantha.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it.  You don't really hear it much any more.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • I don't know how I feel about it.  It's an ok name, but the first thing that comes to mind is Samantha from Sex and the City. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think its a very nice name.  The only Samantha I know is 18.  I have two friends that are teachers and while they each have an Olivia and a Claire neither has a Samantha or a Jennifer (both names were very popular when we were growing up). 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageTheWop:
    I don't know how I feel about it.  It's an ok name, but the first thing that comes to mind is Samantha from Sex and the City. 

Me Too.

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I really like Samantha Jane!

Samantha Amberly seems like a mouthful to me, so I'd try to think of another way to honor mom...does she have a nice middle name that you could use?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My best friend's name is Samantha, her middle name is Ashley, which I think sound pretty together. If you want to stick to a variation of Kimberly for your mom, what about Samantha Kimber? It's a bit different, but it shortens it so the name isn't such a mouthful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesaullen54:
    I really like it and think Samantha Jane and Samantha Grace are the prettiest of them all!

ITA.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • NMS but I like Samantha Jane
  • Samantha Claire

Samantha Rose

Samantha Delaney

Samantha Violet

• it's okay.  kinda dated, but a decent name.

samantha lynn or samantha jane.

• I think it's dated, and I especially hate the nicknames for it.
  • Its okay. Its not great to me, but its not bad either

Samantha Kimberly or Amberly is long winded. Does your mom's birth month, middle name, favorite flower, etc. help? I'm a fan of creative ways to honor people. My daughter's name was partly for my grandpa's middle name (Gene).

The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I really like Samantha Lyn, but I am a little biased since it is my name.

Samantha Jane is nice as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know some people think it's dated, but I really like it.
  • Samantha is nms at all but I like it with Jane.
    Married since 06.14.2009 Mom since 07.12.2010 Expecting #2 01.04.2012 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think Samantha is a beautiful name-- one of my good friends is Samantha Lynn and I think its very pretty and classic. I dont think 80's at all (honestly Kimberly makes me think 80's more than Samantha) and I think Samantha Kimber is an interesting way to honor your mom. FWIW I know A LOT of kids (between being friends w/ all other moms and working at my large churches nursery) and I honestly cant think of a single Samantha. All the Samantha's I know are my age or older (in their 20s).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I dont really like the name Samantha, I knew a girl with this name... and yeah, I didnt like her AT ALL. I like all your middle names especially Jane
  • It's all right. I've definitely heard worse names, but honestly I think it's a little 80s. It was my very favorite name when I was, like, 10.
  • Eh. Dated. But not awful.

What about Samara?

• I love the name Samantha. It was on our list for a long time, but I just can't stand the NN Sam so we decided against it. As much as you try to fight the shortened names as NN they can't be stopped. 

My vote is for Samantha Grace! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I vote for Samantha Jane.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My name is Samantha Anne.

I didn't really like it growing up, but I really love it now. I still get called by the NN's Sam and Sammie. My FI on the other hand, will only call me Samantha, and I love it! 

• Samantha Jane or Samantha Kimberly.  I know two girls under 4 with this name, but I doubt it is as popular as it was in my generation.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I like Samantha Jane or Samantha Grace
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love it! Samantha Grace sounds pretty. If we had a girl, I think her name would have been Samantha!
  • well I love it since my 8 year old is named Samantha Paige!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"