3rd Trimester

Irritated doctors...

Does anybody else have a doctor that almost seems put off when you ask them questions?  Like, legit intelligent questions related to your pregnancy?  I swear, I feel like some doctors just want patients who sit quietly, do what they are told and are not inquisitive whatsoever!  Makes no sense to me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Irritated doctors...

• Yep that is why I have been through 4 OBGYN's in the past few years. If they don't have time to listen and answer questions then I am not paying them. My last doctor tried to scare me into doing a test I didn't want to do and just made me feel really uncomfortable...I hightailed it back to the midwives the same day. It is not too late for you to find another doctor.
  • My doctor is extremely irritated when I talk about vaginal delivery (I'm having twins - I hope he doesn't push c-sections on normal single pregnancies).  Everything else he is communicative and easy going about, but when we talk about labor you can tell in his mind he's running through ways to just schedule a c.  I hate that!  So I can definitely relate on some level.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm lucky to have a doctor now who is not like that, but I've definitely experienced it before.  I think our culture has gotten so overly trusting of every word doctors say and put them on such a high pedestal that some really do have the attitude that you should just do what you are told.  Not saying they are all like this, but some are.  And it's very frustrating.  Just being a doctor does not make you an all-knowing god.  If you look back over just the past few decades and the things the medical community used to swear by, that they've now found to be dangerous, it makes me wonder why some people think that we are totally free of that now.  Medicine and science are always discovering new things.
  • I've never had this problem with my midiwifes--even when I take up more than my alotted time, they always seem impressed that I'm asking intelligent questions & taking ownership in my own health/pregnancy.
  • My ex ob/gyn's office was like that.  There were 6 drs, only one of them I actually liked, but when you're pregnant you get rotated.  I hated all the other drs, the last one I saw there was the worst, she literally was looking at the clock and the door as I was asking her questions (this was at my first appt too so you'd think she would've expected it).  That is the number 1 reason I switched to a midwife.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"