3rd Trimester

Head Up or Head Down

I know some people can tell if their LO is head up or head down... How do you know? Every time I feel my tummy, I can tell there is either a butt or head up but just cannot tell. I know at my 36 week appointment they'll tell me, but I'm curious to know if LO is head up or head down now. Any suggestions how to tell or is it just impossible right now?

Re: Head Up or Head Down

• I was thinking about that this morning... I can feel her hiccups around the lower part of my stomach and even lower than that, so from that I think I can tell that she is head down... other than that I have no clue what part of her body is pushing through my skin!!! lol I feel like she is going to just come through on her own lol

• I have been getting kicked in the right boob ...and have been able to feel a foot for awhile.  So I have assumed the baby was head down...then we had it confirmed with an ultrasound.
  • Loading the player...
  • This might be a little off topic, but I have been wondering... I have my 32wk appt on Wed and Im wondering if we receive an ultrasound that day or if they will only do an ultrasound from here on out if they are concerned? My doctor usually lets me know what the next appt will consist of and if she told me I completely forgot lol...
  • imagedanielleleeper:
    This might be a little off topic, but I have been wondering... I have my 32wk appt on Wed and Im wondering if we receive an ultrasound that day or if they will only do an ultrasound from here on out if they are concerned? My doctor usually lets me know what the next appt will consist of and if she told me I completely forgot lol...

I got a u/s on my 20 week appointment and then another on my 26th just to measure my cervix. My OB said they'd only do a u/s if it's completely, medically necessary. So from here on out, I will NOT get another one unless something goes wrong.

• Since I get a growth US every 2 weeks, I know she's heads down already!!!
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I had a growth u/s a few weeks back and he was head down and after that I can tell.. The kicks are much harder than the punches which are low!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I get kicked in the ribs a lot.  Plus when the baby hiccups I can feel it way down low.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had an U/S last week and she was head down, but my doctor said she still has room to flip around and move around.
  • I have no clue how baby is positioned...I feel her move at the sides of my belly, so I wondering how exactly she is in there...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MW felt the position of the baby last week at my appointment and baby was head down with the back to the right. I am also able to tell because I purchased a fetal doppler and the heartbeat is audible at the bottom.
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have felt either a head or a butt on my upper right side for over a week now and what i thought were hiccups in the lower part of my abd..but I was completely wrong...I had an u/s today that showed she was butt down and what I felt on my right side is her head   :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Head down and the pressure down there to prove it...along with my weekly Biophysical profiles as well, of course. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"