3rd Trimester
Options

I want to itch my skin off....and this is after medication.

I'm going mad. Seriously...I take medicine for itching b/c of liver enzyme issues. They haven't confirmed cholestasis this pregnancy, but I did have it last pregnancy around this time. I could seriously scratch myself until I bled and i've already taken my itching medication. Usually I can control the itching but I'm just going crazy here because it won't stop and nothing is helping. I have topical ointments and a pill I take.Oatmeal baths don't work and neither does anything else. :( I just had to vent for a few.

Someone tell me a story to distract me or something, PLEASE!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I want to itch my skin off....and this is after medication.

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLexgOxsZu0&feature=share

watch that... maybe you'll laugh the itchy away. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, those monkeys are freaky. I've never even heard that song before either. It did kill some time though. :P
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I try.

I'm thinking... but I can't think of anything. I'm a nerd and use geeky computer/internet games to pass time... 

• Options
    imageSerruhhx2:

I try.

I'm thinking... but I can't think of anything. I'm a nerd and use geeky computer/internet games to pass time... 

Ah, you sound like my DH. Haha. I do play games and stuff but it's hard when you have to stop to itch every few seconds. LOL

• Options
    I hear ya... sorry you're going through this, I really hope it stops for you soon. Or at least gets a bit better.
  • Options

i have cholestasis for the second time now. so far the medicine i am on has not helped me. my doctor upped my dose in hopes that it would help. the only things i have found that help temporarily are those soft cold packs you put in the freezer and hydrocortizone cream. i will be getting an amnio in four weeks and if we can document lung maturity, i will be induced. i hope you find something that helps, i know how miserable it can be. 

sorry for the lack of caps i am on my cell phone.. 

• Options
    imageCoastiewife911:

i have cholestasis for the second time now. so far the medicine i am on has not helped me. my doctor upped my dose in hopes that it would help. the only things i have found that help temporarily are those soft cold packs you put in the freezer and hydrocortizone cream. i will be getting an amnio in four weeks and if we can document lung maturity, i will be induced. i hope you find something that helps, i know how miserable it can be. 

sorry for the lack of caps i am on my cell phone.. 

Yeah, they induced right away with my son and he as born at the end of 35 weeks. I'm almost to that point and by the time they draw blood on Wednesday and get the results since they take so long i'll be a little past 36 weeks when they find out whether it's full on Cholestasis this time or not. I just want to get to 37 this time if possible. The meds being less effective is not promising though. I use cold packs as well and that does help some. 

It's such a crazy itch and so hard to explain to someone that hasn't gone through it. I'd never wish it on anyone, but thanks for your understanding and empathy. I think i'm going to shower and attempt to sleep...though i'm sure you know how that goes! 

• Options
    I am so very sorry about this. A friend of mine had it with her second pregnancy (and it was diagnosed at 16 weeks, CRAZY rare to be that early). I cannot imagine. For her third she had it again but milder. They still delivered both kids at around 34 weeks. I can only imagine your misery right now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh the itching, it was the most miserable thing in the whole wide world.  I made my hands and feet bleed.  Seriously I wanted to amputate them.  I feel for you.  I found that if I set up a small fan at the end of the couch and put my feet right up against it, it helped a little bit.  GL with it all.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

OOH! If you haven't seen the Ticklish Penguin yet on You Tube, search for it! It's HILARIOUS and adorable. :)

Feel better soon! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had horrible itching from about wks 29-33, but I didn't have cholestasis (my feet or hands did not itch). It was my legs & arms & calves mostly. I scratched until I bled--woke up scratching, would loose a full night's sleep from scratching. I realized for me it was related to my swelling--if I put my legs up the wall to drain some blood, I immediately felt better. And the dry winter weather didn't help. I I cut way back on salt. I also started using Olive Oil as lotion--totally non-irritating & non-toxic. I've heard some of the lotions can actually make it worse.

I hope you feel better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"