Trying to Get Pregnant

She needs to read TCOYF! (vent)

I called yesterday to schedule my sonohyterogram since my RE thinks she saw a polyp during my ultrasound. The woman was not friendly. She told me I need to schedule the test two weeks after the start of my AF. I told her my OB and my RE said to schedule it right after AF ends, and before I O (I have a shorter cyle, 21-23 days, and usually O btwn CD 11-13ish).

She rudely told me that their protocol is for 2 wks after the cycle starts and wouldn't schedule me for earlier.  Wouldn't you want to do the test during a time in the cyle when there is no chance the woman is KU? She didn't seem to understand that two weeks for me is nearing the end of my cycle. Perhaps she needs to read TCOYF!!

Waiting for a return call from my OB, to see if she can get them to schedule my test earlier than they require.

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
<a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view

Re: She needs to read TCOYF! (vent)

• I hate dealing with rude medical personnel like that. Hopefully you can talk to your doctor and they can get it sorted out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegriff45:

I hate dealing with rude medical personnel like that. Hopefully you can talk to your doctor and they can get it sorted out.

I understand that to them, it's just their job. But you would think they would understand that women are likely emotional and frustrated over whatever the issue is requiring such a test, and would be a bit more understanding!

7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I know from experience how frustrating your situation can be! I had bloodwork & an HSG done 2 years ago & it was a train wreck! My ob office was completely unhelpful & seemed generally uninterested in answering my questions. I got no explanation about my blood work results & ended up looking up everything my self. The HSG was scheduled while I was on AF. Ugh!! I know this isn't quite the same as your predicament....but I can empathize with how you're feeling! Good luck getting everything straightened out:)
    Foster to adopt process started 8/2012:)
  • Oh that sucks! I had mine done on my 7th CD. I wonder why they want 2 wks.
  • It made no sense to me either, but when I tried to ask questions to understand they this is what they require, the woman was rude and not willing to help explain it all (or perhaps she had no idea herself). Hoping my dr can sort it out!

ETA: Sorry, meant to quote Mcleod26

8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
  • I'd be looking for a different OB! IMHO.If youre going to have to work with this lady while your haveing TTC, you should at least be with someone your comfotable with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEboom:

I'd be looking for a different OB! IMHO.If youre going to have to work with this lady while your haveing TTC, you should at least be with someone your comfotable with.

No, no, no! My OB is amazing, as is her office staff. This was a woman at the imaging center where I have to go to have the test done...completely separate from my OB.

8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
  • I get that treatment from some medical places around where I live. They look at me cross-eyed when I try to explain some specifics about my cycle. It's like they don't want to believe that I just might know something about my body.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"