Trying to Get Pregnant

My 1st Acupunture appt. For those interested

It went really well, I have a greater sense of calm I don't know why but I just have a better "feeling" ;) We went over some cycle stuff, he took my blood pressure and pulse. He said both were low and looked at my tongue. He said I may not have enough Power in my body. (I'm not sure what that really means) He thinks I will need to come for about 3 months. He wants to increase my power. He also wrote up a tea recipe in Chinese and he is going to have his herbist mix me a tea. The needles did not hurt at all. He put the majority in my lady parts area and then put warm lights over the area. I'm going back Monday. My goal is to go once a week. We will see what DH says.... I'm on my phone so sorry for the lack of paragraphs:)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 1st Acupunture appt. For those interested

• vpinevpine member

Thanks for sharing.Here is my story for those interested:

Since I have low temps, lower than 97, I was told I am too cold and that's why I may not be conceiving. I am always cold, have a mini heater at my office desk and My hands/feet are usually freezing. So I was given a moxibustion stick to use at home on my knee and abdomen everyday to stimulate blood flow. It produces warmth on the areas.

If you are not ovulating or have problems ovulating, you might want to give acupuncture a try, I was told they can do sessions for 3 days in a row to help you ovulate mid-cycle.

Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • thats great!  I  know exactly the "better feeling" youre talking about! I get the same way after my treatments!! Did he say your tongue was pale? I think when he said you dont have enough power is that maybe you have blood deficency. My acupuncturist said that because my tongue is pale I tend to be cold more so than warm all the time. Which is true! Im amazed she could tell that from my tongue! Basically blood defiency is when your body for some reason isnt getting all the nutrience out of the food you eat. I was told to eat more warm foods, and say away from cold foods. Warmer foods are easier for your body to process I guess. Im glad you had a great experiance! The herbs should help. But lemme tell ya they dont taste very good so I mix mine in tea or that Oregon Chai tea mix with milk. Ive been going for about 4 months and its so worth it!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel kind kinda stupid- am I the only person who didn't realize that they would be putting the needles in your lady parts for fertility issues?

Someone recommended acupuncture to me, and it's been in the back of my mind for some time now, and here I am picturing him poking my back a little. Stupid me!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• imagestargazertechie:
    imageWish Upon A Star:

I feel kind kinda stupid- am I the only person who didn't realize that they would be putting the needles in your lady parts for fertility issues?

Someone recommended acupuncture to me, and it's been in the back of my mind for some time now, and here I am picturing him poking my back a little. Stupid me!

I didn't really think about that either, LOL

Now by "lady parts", do you mean on your vagina? My acupuncture lady does a lot of lower abdominal points, but Ive never had her mention putting them on or around my vage! I have had her do some back points too. So they should do both sides.

• Oh no! I ment over my ute. Ha ha
  • My acupuncturist used to put needles... 1 in between my eyebrows, 1 on the top of my head in my scalp, 1 in each forearm, 1 in the top of each foot, maybe 1 in each shin... I think one time there was 1 in the middle of my diaphragm (spelling?), but I've never had any near my vag or my uterus.  I have had the warm light directed there though.  They put the needles in different places depending on where you are in your cycle and what they're "trying to support" at the time.  

I had to stop going for a while though, it was getting too expensive. I loved it though, I always felt so calm and relaxed during and after. AND I think I had heavier periods when I was going to treatments. 

TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"