Trying to Get Pregnant

WW"TTGP"D?

Hey Gals - I'd like to know what you think about this...

I went off the Nuva Ring in June 2010, moved across the country, and decided to start charting at the beginning of the 3rd cycle. I've been charting since and have just started cycle 10, but only the 8th one of actively trying with the charting.

We've had either 'good' or 'great' timing for 6 out of the 7 charted cycles, but have no data that I even ovulated or had a chance the 1st 2 cycles.

How many cycles would you consider that I've been trying for? Is it fair to say 10? or is it realistically more like 7/8? Coming up to the year mark has me wondering if I should start scheduling some tests - specifically the SA 

When would you start testing?

(BTW, I'm 26, O normally albeit a bit late, and have a normal LP. My H is 35, and  has some health issues)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WW"TTGP"D?

• I would go with 8 cycles.  To me, you aren't "trying" if you don't know your timing.  You can try for 10 years and have sex on CD 10 11 and 12 but you don't ovulate until CD 19 you'll never get KU--if that makes sense.

What health issues does YH have?  Age isn't nearly nearly as big of a factor for men as it is for women.

• Depending on what your husband's health issues are, I think I would ask for at least the SA.  His regular doctor should be able to order that.  If it comes back good, I think I would wait a few months before going through testing yourself. You are close to a year, though, so it couldn't hurt to schedule an appointment for June.

GL, whatever you decide to do!

• Loading the player...
  • imageFyreFry5:

Depending on what your husband's health issues are, I think I would ask for at least the SA.  His regular doctor should be able to order that.  If it comes back good, I think I would wait a few months before going through testing yourself. You are close to a year, though, so it couldn't hurt to schedule an appointment for June.

This.  Good luck to you!

• imageFyreFry5:

Depending on what your husband's health issues are, I think I would ask for at least the SA.  His regular doctor should be able to order that.  If it comes back good, I think I would wait a few months before going through testing yourself. You are close to a year, though, so it couldn't hurt to schedule an appointment for June.

THIS EXACTLY! DH and I had a SA done before the 1yr mark, its a easy and fairly cheap test to have run and It takes a bunch of stress and wondering if its him away. Good luck darlen!!

• Thank you so much for your advice, gals!!

My H was kind of diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, but we really believe it's U.C. He also had a case of stressed-induced Shingles a couple months ago, along with arthritis and scoliosis, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of that has an affect on his sperm.

We will be moving again this summer, so I think I'll try to get my H to do a SA before, but I'll wait until we are moved and settled to pursue any testing on me, which will be around August. This would also coincide with about 12 full cycles of actively trying and if still nothing, I'll have known that we really did give it our full effort. I think it'll also help my mental state if I change it to trying for 8 months instead of 10. That one year mark really can do a number on ya...

Again, Thanks so much for your input ladies. 

• mbs79mbs79 member
    When talking to my OB/GYN at my pre-conception appointment, she went ahead and scheduled blood work for me.  It tells your doc a lot and I was glad that I took care of it early b/c a lot of other issues have come up that need to be dealt with prior to conceiving.  Though some women on the board may advise against it, I would get your blood work done too, especially since you're at the point of a SA.  Issues found in your hormones that can cause birth defects in early pregnancy can be prevented with proper screening and treatment. My doc also recommended a HSG at 6 months if we weren't pregnant with well-timed sex.  Barring future miscarriages, we wouldn't seek any further testing until the 1 year mark.  As many ladies here can attest, you don't want to start the fertility process with an RE if you don't have to.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"