Natural Birth

Ina May's "Birth Matters"

I just wanted to share with everyone how amazing this book is! I read and loved Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and I am now halfway through "Birth Matters." I highly recommend it to any of you, and that you share it with anyone who may not be supportive of your desire to give birth naturally.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ina May's "Birth Matters"

• I'm seeing Ina May speak on Mother's Day, and I cannot wait.
  • I normally lurk on this board but this is an great topic.

I have learned so much from Ina May's books. I am currently reading Ina May's guide to childbirth and I cannot read enough. It is amazing. I am looking forward to the birth of our LO via VBAC. I am more confident and becoming more educated this time.

M

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13 Anniversary pregnancy calendar Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • I liked all of it except her rant on breast augmentation/reduction.  She criticized them and that was about it.  I had breast augmentation surgery 10 years ago and have mostly regretted it for probably at least 9.5 years.  What am I supposed to do about it at this point?  She didn't really offer support for women who have had these surgeries, just a lot of criticism.  At least that's what I took from that section. 

• Ina May's books have helped my confidence too! This is my first baby and I knew I wanted a natural birth with midwives but wasn't sure I could handle the pain or have the baby in a birth center. After reading her books, I feel so great about my choices!

• imageCheriCO:

I liked all of it except her rant on breast augmentation/reduction.  She criticized them and that was about it.  I had breast augmentation surgery 10 years ago and have mostly regretted it for probably at least 9.5 years.  What am I supposed to do about it at this point?  She didn't really offer support for women who have had these surgeries, just a lot of criticism.  At least that's what I took from that section. 

i was also surprised by some of the topics that were discussed in that section about women being given untested/experimental treatments.  i certainly don't think that this is a problem unique to women's medicine.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad to hear a great review for this book. I haven't ordered it yet.

I am moving to the general area of "The Farm" this summer, and i plan to have our next child there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just checked Ina May's Guide to Childbirth out of the library and have read quite a bit of it...I love it...on top of that I just realized that she lives only 4 hours drive away from my home! But as I have short labors there is no way I could ever use her unless we moved much closer. I'm already having to drive an hour to my current maternity center, and wondering if I'm gonna make it in time! We are litterally expecting a 3-4 hour labor start to finish, so that doesn't give me much time to be sure 'this is it' and get ready and get there. So hoping that home birth will be an option next time, esp if this labor goes as fast as expected!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • imageohashlet:
    I'm seeing Ina May speak on Mother's Day, and I cannot wait.

I'm sooooooooooooooooo jealous!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, I just started reading her guid to childbirth and I really like so far. I read it on my kindle app at night when I cant sleep. Hopefully this one is one kindle too cause I'm sure I'll be needing a new book in a few weeks;)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"