April 2011 Moms

Disappointment and Membranes

Had an appointment two weeks ago and the doc was super optimistic about the start of progress.  Yesterday was my 39 wk appointment.... Nothing.  .5 cm, 30%, head at a -3...  LO hasn't dropped much at all.  About the only thing I have going for me is that my cervix is soft.  Apparently it doesn't help me much but puts me better off than others in my position (?).  It's really disappointing to hear that I've done nothing in two weeks.  I thought I had been dilated more than .5 cm. Boo!

We talked about ways to induce and the midwife brought up walking and sex as an obvious means to help and then mentioned Evening Primrose Oil that can be taken orally or vaginally (or both).   Then the big stripping of the membranes. 

DH and I discussed the risks involved before the appointment in case it was brought up.  The MW said many people wouldn't strip them being less than a cm or 2 dilated but there are people willing to do it as long as it's understood that they have to be really aggressive about it.  She wasn't kidding.  I had forgotten what my period cramps felt like until that moment!  At any rate, that was yesterday afternoon and I've felt light cramps (I wasn't feeling anything at all before) but still no labor.  I do NOT want to go past my due date.  I hope something develops.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Disappointment and Membranes

• I've been having sex and walking a ton this past week and had some good progress.  I also sit/bounce on a ball for at least an hour a day and I've eaten A TON of fresh pineapple.  You still have at least a week so don't get discouraged yet! 
  • We've been doing the deed more than we did when we were trying to get pregnant along with walking and the labor ball.  I could have sworn it would have done something after two weeks!  I have 5 days til my due date but I'm really just paranoid about her getting big because I have gestational diabetes.
  • Loading the player...
  • ive had my membranes swept twice, i walk every single day, sometimes for 30 minutes and sometimes for an hour, depending on how im feeling, ill stop if i feel nothing at all within 30 minutes, i dont have sex, because, well, i have no one to have sex with, lol, but ive seen progress every week, but still no regular contractions or anything exciting. i really hope something starts up soon because im getting very impatient over here, and plus, on my due date, im scheduled to take my state board licensing test to become a licensed esthetician, which ill have to be standing and performing facial services and waxing services for over an hour and a half. its going to be interesting, thats for sure, plus, its insanely hard to focus on studying for it when all i can focus on is when this baby girl is going to get here! good luck lady!
  • I'm still pregnant. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"