3rd Trimester

Overdue :(

My due date is tomorrow Friday April 22 and I have an appointment with my Dr. My doctor told me that he will not let me go over 41 weeks. Do you think he will schedule an induction date on this appointment or he will wait until Im 41 weeks??? Im freaking out about waiting too much and something happening to my baby :(

Re: Overdue :(

• Right now I am at 0cm and my cervix is still closed. My OB will not induce due to the high failure rate and I do NOT want a C-section if I can avoid one. I will be looking at 41 weeks unless she decidies to come before that.

• Last saturday I was having contractions and I went to L&D and they checked and I was 2cm dilated, but they said I couldn't stay on the hospital because I needed to be 4cm in order to stay "/
  • Loading the player...
  • If this is your first they may wait. With my son I was induced at 41w 4d even after being dilated to 4cm for 3 weeks prior.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hopefully you will have more progress tomorrow at your appt. Maybe he/she will induce since you seem to have a favorable cervix. But I do know most will let you go to 41-42 weeks.

Good Luck!

• I am overdue.  My doctor scheduled an induction for 8 days after my due date simply due to space. They said they schedule in advance instead of waiting and seeing at 41 week appointment bc then we could be moving on to 42 weeks....no thank you.

Also I am 40 weeks, 2 days 1 cm dilated; 80% effaced; and just lost my mucus plug yesterday....so signs of progress!

• i'm with ya...due tomorrow and Dr is scheduling my induction for next friday...i might see if she can do it sooner but in Canada GP's can't induce before 41 weeks! so i'm waiting..........not dilated  AT ALL so i wait..... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB said if I go past my due date, they'll schedule and induction date before I hit 41 weeks. Not sure if that's protocol for all offices, but it wouldn't hurt to ask when he thinks they'll schedule you an induction. I understand your fear... I've been fearing the same thing.
  • It depends on the doctor. When I was pregnant with DS I had very minimal internal progress at my 39 week appointment, so my OB set up an ultrasound for the following week (one day after my due date which fell on a Sunday) to double check DS's size to make sure he was birthable (both my mom and DH's mom had 3 c-sections each because of large babies that never descended into the pelvis). She would then induce me either that Thursday or the next Monday since those were days she was on call and we both thought it would be good to do the induction under her watch. It turns out that we didn't need those plans because I went into labor the afternoon of my 39 week appointment, but it was nice having a plan in place ahead of time.
  • With my DS I went in for my 40 wk appt and he scheduled me for induction for 40 wks and 3 days, but my son was already really big for my body.
  • You are not overdue the day after your due date. Normal, healthy, full-term pregnancies last anywhere from 37 to 42 weeks. Your due date is just a midpoint, an estimate.

You should find out your Bishop's score before you agree to induction before 42 weeks. If it is less than 5, your risk for C-section due to failed induction is much higher.

• imagesallyshazbar:

You are not overdue the day after your due date. Normal, healthy, full-term pregnancies last anywhere from 37 to 42 weeks. Your due date is just a midpoint, an estimate.

You should find out your Bishop's score before you agree to induction before 42 weeks. If it is less than 5, your risk for C-section due to failed induction is much higher.

This exactly. I don't understand the fear women have of going 42 weeks. If you don't want to be induced at 41 weeks you can have a NST and growth u/s to make sure everything is ok, and go to 42 weeks. I went 15 days late with both my kids and they were born completely healthy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think he'll probably schedule the induction. At my 41 week appointment my OB scheduled my induction for exactly 1 week later, and my water broke and I went into labor that night. If he doesn't want you going past 41 weeks, my guess is he schedules it ahead of time, and if you go before then, great.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The average pregnancy is just a day or two past 41 weeks. I had my son ad 41 weeks and the only thing the doc mentioned about being overdue was that the placenta had started to calcify, meaning it was getting which I'm sure is something my body detected and helped put me into labor. That being said, I really don't think you have anything to worry about going over due. Women are overdue all the time because and EED is just that, it's "estimated". Good luck with things! Hope you have an outside baby soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"