Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Anyone have experience with Omnicef antibiotic?

DD has been fighting a runny nose, low grade fevers, and basically what appears to be a sinus infection for about a month. I took her in a couple weeks ago dr put her on amoxicillan, which did nothing for her. I took her in yesterday and he put her on omnicef. I gave her the first dose last night around 6 and at midnight she woke up crying with a 102.4 fever.  I gave her tylenol she went back to sleep and woke up at 430 with a 102.6 fever.  I called the exchanged they told me to keep with the medicine its probably part of the virus.  I gave her the omnicef again this morning and have continued with Tylenol for the fever (which has not gone away all day) and now she is vomiting anything she eats. When I try to feed her she gags. She has had 2 wet diapers all day! I just left the dr she has a u-bag (urine bag) on trying to collect a urine sample. 

Any of your little ones have any kind of reaction to this med? The dr tells me to keep her on the omnicef despite all these strange new symptons, would you keep giving it to your LO?? 

Re: Anyone have experience with Omnicef antibiotic?

• Options

We've done Omnicef - and while the guys tend to vomit more when on any kind of antibiotics, it's never extreme.

I would insist on taking her in tomorrow and discuss it with the pedi.

Also, watch out for Omnicef poop - it's bright red.  FREAKED me OUT the first time.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS has been on omnicef a few times with no issues (not even red poop).  I am worried now though because DD had her first dose of it tonight.  I refused augmentin for her because DS had such a bad reaction.  If I were you, I would be concerned.  I know they like to keep them on for 2-3 days sometimes to see if it is helping (and the side effects usually get better), but still. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCourt0026:
    DS has been on omnicef a few times with no issues (not even red poop).  I am worried now though because DD had her first dose of it tonight.  I refused augmentin for her because DS had such a bad reaction.  If I were you, I would be concerned.  I know they like to keep them on for 2-3 days sometimes to see if it is helping (and the side effects usually get better), but still. 

We are on Augmentin now (Alex's second time, Harry's first).  Last ditch effort against these ear infections.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS was put on omnicef one time for an ear infection and he broke out in a bad rash of pin point like raised bumps all over his back. I took him to the allergist and they said that is a very common allergic reaction to a drug.  I've had friends whos kids have done great on it and ask for it over augmentin (sp?)
  • Options
    DS is on it for the 4th time.  Never has a problem.  It could be another bug that snuck in there too.  He gets nasty EI's after having bronchiolitis.  He was in the hospital for 4 days with this last round so our pedi went right to it when the EI started to show.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just runny poo with Omnicef, we have been on almost all of them and that was the only thing I noticed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"