October 2011 Moms

Dumb things people say to pregnant women...

So I have now official had 3 dumest things said to me since I have been pregnant...please feel free to add yours so we can shake our head at these pitiful people.

3. Me: Look at this bump - Dumb person: Wow you gave that baby enough padding.

2: You are showing, look at your boobs.

1: There is nothing like having sex with a pregnant woman (mind you this person has no kids)

All of these are said by men...

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dumb things people say to pregnant women...

• Gasp!!! Indifferent
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is: "Oh I'm sorry your upset, but you know that you are hormonal."

I'm sorry, it is perfectly possible for me to be upset or angry for a legitimate reason without having to blame it on hormones. Sure, they don't help, but that doesn't mean that my grievance or reason for being upset isn't still valid. Angry

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Indifferent and Ick!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • 1: There is nothing like having sex with a pregnant woman (mind you this person has no kids)

DH's uncle said this to him when he found out I am pregnant.  He has no children...eeww.  He is also a total creeper with a ponytail half way down his back and no hair on the top of his head.  

Jackson Allen ? 10.1.11 ?
    {Raising Jack}
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My worst one so far was when I announced I was pregnant to a single, 40 year old male co-worker...he said "I figured" - what the heck is that supposed to mean?  You're looking pretty fat??
    TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!
  • On a conference call at work when the partner I work with told the client (a male attorney) that I'm expecting: "Congratulations but that's a burden when you're trying to practice law."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageasboomer22:
    On a conference call at work when the partner I work with told the client (a male attorney) that I'm expecting: "Congratulations but that's a burden when you're trying to practice law."

Surprise 

• imagemrs-smith2b:

1: There is nothing like having sex with a pregnant woman (mind you this person has no kids)

DH's uncle said this to him when he found out I am pregnant.  He has no children...eeww.  He is also a total creeper with a ponytail half way down his back and no hair on the top of his head.  

f-ing gross! you should tell him to back up... Ick!

• I HATE hearing 'what if there's TWO?!'.... So what? I have had an ultrasound everytime I have been and there is always ONE baby. Then people are so quick to say that doesn't matter... Really? Its 2011, I would know if there were 2 in there.
  • imageBettyBookworm:

Mine is: "Oh I'm sorry your upset, but you know that you are hormonal."

I'm sorry, it is perfectly possible for me to be upset or angry for a legitimate reason without having to blame it on hormones. Sure, they don't help, but that doesn't mean that my grievance or reason for being upset isn't still valid. Angry

OMG I totally agree! This makes me soooooo mad!

• imageLauraLP:
    I HATE hearing 'what if there's TWO?!'.... So what? I have had an ultrasound everytime I have been and there is always ONE baby. Then people are so quick to say that doesn't matter... Really? Its 2011, I would know if there were 2 in there.

I have had several people say this to me too!! I have had two ultrasounds and heard the heartbeat two different times at the Dr. Don't you think the Dr. would KNOW?!?!!?  I think I would too.  They all have said, well it could always be hiding. Uh, no. My first ultrasound was at 7 weeks, I don't think "they" were double stacked like pancakes. There is only one, thank you very much for being the all knowing one on MY pregnancy. People are so strange.

• imageTeamM:

3. Me: Look at this bump - Dumb person: Wow you gave that baby enough padding.

Thats hilarious... all I can say is... what an IDIOT!  

image image

• People are SO stupid.

With DD, a hostess at a restaurant asked me how far along I was, when I answered she said "WOW, are you sure it's not twins?"  I told her I miscarried a twin but thanks for bringing it up.  So I guess I was just as rude back to her.

I don't remember them specifically, but there were some very creepy comments about them knowing I had sex from some creepy dudes at work.  Ew. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagesoulmates04:
    imageBettyBookworm:

Mine is: "Oh I'm sorry your upset, but you know that you are hormonal."

OMG I totally agree! This makes me soooooo mad!

Same here, totally agree--I HATE this one.  

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageasboomer22:
    On a conference call at work when the partner I work with told the client (a male attorney) that I'm expecting: "Congratulations but that's a burden when you're trying to practice law."

?

That's because he isn't a woman. Two of my half sisters are lawyers, and so is their mother, and they have had no problems with their 7 kids combined getting in the way of their jobs.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My boss, after being out of town for a week:  "Wow, you're looking bigger today."

Um, thanks?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"