3rd Trimester

Dilated and Effaced @ 35 weeks?

Anyone Dilated to 1 and 75%effaced and station -3? I went to the Dr. last week and i have been at this for 2 weeks now. I did go into preterm labor and they stopped it at 32 weeks i have been on bed rest ever since. I am having lots of pressure down low and also pain here and there. I can barley walk. I have also been throwing up and feel a cold coming on? I am a complete mess!!! Anyone experiencing the same?
Thank you, Marissa

Re: Dilated and Effaced @ 35 weeks?

• I was already 1 cm and 50% at my 35 week check, and stayed that way for a few more weeks. And I can relate to the pressure too; my doctor said it's likely from my hips separating in preparation. Still waiting on the baby Sad You can stay a couple centimeters dilated for weeks without going into labor.
    Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • I had to go to L&D last thursday (34w6d) for contractions that were 2 mins apart. I was a fingertip dilated but not effaced. After 4 hrs, they gave me the shot to stop my contractions and sent me home. I'm still having contractions, but they are sporatic. I've got lots of pressure and cramping. Nauseas and loose bowels. Yep, I'm right there with ya.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 35 weeks and 5 cm dilated 70% effaced. My doctor doesn't seem concerned even though I have contractions basically every day. I feel pretty miserable but at least it's almost over.
  • Have you asked your dr. if they think you will be going full term being dialted 5 cm already??
    Thank you, Marissa
  • imageMiraclePending:
    I'm 35 weeks and 5 cm dilated 70% effaced. My doctor doesn't seem concerned even though I have contractions basically every day. I feel pretty miserable but at least it's almost over.

just like pp said, yikes!  your labor is going to go lickady split if you are already 5cm!  holy moly!! 

• I dialated super early with my first pregnancy. It went something like this: 3cm at 34 weeks, 4 cm at 35 weeks, 5 cm at 36 weeks, 6 cm at 37 weeks, and 7.5 cm at my 39 week appointment, when I went into labor. I was 90% or more at all appointments.

I felt constant pressure and I was completely miserable. Not to mention that I was terrified that he would come too soon. Then by the end I didn't understand why the heck he just wouldn't come out! lol. It's miserable, it really is. I feel for you.

FWIW, I still had a 16 hour labor with over 4 hours in pushing. *sigh* Here's hoping to better results this time!

• I've been dilated 1cm and 50% effaced since 26 weeks...
  • I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have been effaced at 60%, dilated to 3 and my daughter has been at 0 station for 3 weeks now. I am convinced I will be pregnant forever!! Good luck!
  • I'm hoping it does, but I've heard stories of the opposite. I actually had to be induced last time and was 4.5 cm from 36-41.5 weeks. It took about 18 hours. Given my history, my doctor thinks I will go to term. I'm secretly hoping to make it to May 21 so I can have a Gemini baby. Only time will tell. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"