April 2011 Moms

zero progress and an annoying MIL

I am 38 wks 4 days and had my first exam today. Nothing... absolutely ZERO progress. Yes, I know it doesn't mean anything, but still it would be nice to at least be showing signs that something is going on. Then within 5 minutes of leaving my appt my MIL calls and says "what's your progress, the girls at my office want an update".. umm, no I don't think a bunch of women who I've never even met need an update on my vagina.. so I did the mature thing and lied and said that I didn't have an exam. Then she goes "well you really need to be having more sex, it would speed things up".. to which I said nothing other than OK and I had to get back to work and hung up the phone.

Ugh I know I am just hormonal and being bratty.. but she seriously calls daily asking for an update and I just get SO annoyed.

Ok sorry.. rant OVER!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: zero progress and an annoying MIL

• I feel your pain! My MIL calls, texts or facebooks me at LEAST 4 times a day to "see how I'm feeling".  As if we wouldn't let her know as soon as something happened! ugh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Next time she tells you to have more sex I'd say "ohhh! Good idea - I'll have to tell your son!". Should shut her up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Loading the player...
  • yikes! no kidding - i agree with pp, tell her you'll have to get her son naked and   F#$% the S*#$ out of him tonight! hahahaha just kidding but seriously........as much as she is just being thoughtful as if she needs to know how your cervix/vagina is doing every second of the day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebperala:
    I feel your pain! My MIL calls, texts or facebooks me at LEAST 4 times a day to "see how I'm feeling".  As if we wouldn't let her know as soon as something happened! ugh!

Exactly how my MIL is.  At one point I texted back saying, "Oh, we've already had her and we're back at home now.  Didn't you get the picture message?"

We've contemplated not telling anyone until after she's born so we don't fill up the tiny waiting room.

• imagebrunoshort:

imagebperala:
    I feel your pain! My MIL calls, texts or facebooks me at LEAST 4 times a day to "see how I'm feeling".  As if we wouldn't let her know as soon as something happened! ugh!

Exactly how my MIL is.  At one point I texted back saying, "Oh, we've already had her and we're back at home now.  Didn't you get the picture message?"

We've contemplated not telling anyone until after she's born so we don't fill up the tiny waiting room.

We are doing this. If we have people waiting then we won't be able to enjoy those first few precious moments with our son alone. We would like him to ourselves for the first few hours before he's passed around like a football.

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So glad I'm not the only one annoyed by MIL right now. She called earlier today and I didn't answer because I was changing DD's diaper, so she left a voicemail just seeing if there was any "progress" (as if I have hourly/ daily cervical exams). I had forgotten all about it, but she just called DH to "check in" because I hadn't answered earlier. Don't worry, MIL, we will call you when anything happens!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You MIL sounds crazy. Maybe you should just say something absurd, like that you're actually a man or something.
  • I haven't told anybody about my internals.  It's none of their business!  Smile  I know that everyone means well but seriously?  You want to know about the state of my cervix?  No thanks!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
  • imagerroyce151:
    imagebrunoshort:

imagebperala:

We are doing this. If we have people waiting then we won't be able to enjoy those first few precious moments with our son alone. We would like him to ourselves for the first few hours before he's passed around like a football.

That's what we're facing, too.  I don't want to entertain anyone when it should be about my husband, myself, and my child bonding.  My husband doesn't even want anyone holding her.  While it's kind of unrealistic, I understand why.  His family isn't exactly known for caring if they're sick.  

Have you told everyone that you are planning to wait to have visitors?  We're trying to figure out how to go about having this talk.  Any way we practice it, both of our mothers spin it to be about them and us not wanting them involved with their grandchild.  :-

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"