2nd Trimester

Baby Book Suggestions

I've read plenty of pregnancy books, but what books are good for preparing yourself for when you bring the baby home? I'm a little lost in this area! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Book Suggestions

• We have this one: https://www.amazon.com/First-Time-Parents-Miriam-Stoppard/dp/0756617405

(Picked it up at a Half Priced Books, actually) and found it to be VERY helpful! Goes through everything you can think of and has sections/parts for dads, too!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We also got this one and found it to be helpful, but mainly for the prenatal stuff and used the other one for the post-natal topics:

https://www.amazon.com/Conception-Pregnancy-Birth-Childbirth-Parents/dp/0756636957/ref=pd_sim_b_3

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They have a lot of those all-in-one books. For example, when I found out I was pregnant I bought the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting." It's not just strictly about being pregnant though, the first few chapters are for women that are trying to conceive, the middle of the book is all about pregnancy week by week, and then the end of the book tells you all about how to take care of a baby and breastfeed, etc. The book has everything. If you want one thats strictly about bringing home baby then I'd suggest searching online or going to the bookstore and looking for one that has a little label saying "#1 Bestselling.." etc. That's the reason I bought that pregnancy book, because it said it was the #1 book. It's easier to narrow it down online though because you can read customer reviews and ratings to make sure the book has everything you're looking for.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have "What to expect when your expecting" and I feel like I want more to read. Isn't there a "what to expect the first year" or something? I guess I didn't care for the expecting one so much. It was good for me to look up information but HORRIBLE to read. Personal preferance.
  • As someone who wants a natural birth with midwives in a birth center, I am not a fan of What to Expect When You're Expecting. I prefer Ina May's books :) However, there are other "What to Expect"  books that are pretty good as far as info on basic infant care and development. Try What to Expect: The First Year (same author) and if you like that - What to Expect: The Toddler Years.

• I know about the what to expect series somewhat, and I'll probably get those, but I don't think they are quite what I'm looking for for regular reading to help educate and prepare myself further. Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm hoping to read a few different ones.

• happiest baby on the block.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"