October 2011 Moms

Revealing the Gender...

So I am trying to think of a way to tell all of our family when we find out the gender. All of our family are traveling out to Colorado in June, and I want to have some kind of dinner or something to reveal it. How do you plan on revealing it, if you haven't already? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Revealing the Gender...

• We are having a cake made. Blue for a boy and Pink for a girl. Then having white icing so the inside color won't be revealed until we cut it after dinner.
  • Im just buying bibs or a onsie in either pink or blue and giving them to the grandparents.
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom was the only one that would really care about revealing in a special way, so I had flowers sent to her at work in pinks and purples (we live far away). My dad and inlaws just got phone calls.
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • imageMiss Shasta:
    We are having a cake made. Blue for a boy and Pink for a girl. Then having white icing so the inside color won't be revealed until we cut it after dinner.

This! It's such a cute idea!! And just another reason for CAKE!! hehe

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMiss Shasta:
    We are having a cake made. Blue for a boy and Pink for a girl. Then having white icing so the inside color won't be revealed until we cut it after dinner.

We're doing this too, and having a bakery make it so that we're surprised too!

Struggled with IF from 2008-2011.
    Surprise Pregnancy 02/11!
  • I've heard of the cake idea. We're Team Green, so no gender reveal, but I do kind of like the thought of having the colored cake at the shower.

My SIL just called and let us know. That worked too.

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• I'm liking the cake idea! I think that is adorable! ;]

• We're going to probably be boring and just tell everyone since all of our family is a whole state away - unless a visit is somewhere near the time of the ultrasound (doubtful).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imagethelastingers:
    So I am trying to think of a way to tell all of our family when we find out the gender. All of our family are traveling out to Colorado in June, and I want to have some kind of dinner or something to reveal it. How do you plan on revealing it, if you haven't already? 

We might be finding out at our 16 week ultrasound on May 3rd.  We have a family party already planned for that Saturday after for my college graduation (woohoo) and if we find out at our 16 week ultrasound, we plan on telling everyone with cookies that night.  

My bff and I are planning on making some cookies with either pink or blue m&m's inside (once you bite in).  We are going to try a test run next week to see how well the m&m's can be hidden inside.  If they don't work, we are going to try some cupcakes instead.  I just like the idea, if you have a lot of family, that they can all find out at the same time.   

Jackson Allen ? 10.1.11 ?
    {Raising Jack}
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejen_and_scott:
    My mom was the only one that would really care about revealing in a special way, so I had flowers sent to her at work in pinks and purples (we live far away). My dad and inlaws just got phone calls.

That's a cute idea! 

• imageMiss Shasta:

We did the same thing yesterday! My husband and I have the same birthday, so we did a gender cake instead of birthday cake! We had a lot of people over, it was really fun to cut it and see blue inside!

• imageangbates7:

imageMiss Shasta:

This! It's such a cute idea!! And just another reason for CAKE!! hehe

yes for sure this is a really fun idea.... and who doesn't LOVE cake? i know I could eat the whole thing right now!!!!

• imagealison2379:

I've actually already seen these videos ;] I have heard of the whole cake thing. I was just wondering if some ladies had different ideas for what they were going to do. But I think I am definitely liking the cake idea!!

• imageStephRuns:

imagejen_and_scott:
    My mom was the only one that would really care about revealing in a special way, so I had flowers sent to her at work in pinks and purples (we live far away). My dad and inlaws just got phone calls.

That's a cute idea! 

My mom loved it, and she got to show it off to everyone at work! I had the card signed from her granddaughter. I called the florist about a week in advance to discuss the arrangement. If it had been boy, we were going to go with blues and yellows. Also, I impressed up her that I wanted it to be delivered asap! It is a little town and they were more than happy to be in on the surprise!

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"