1st Trimester

What do you consider the end of the first trimester?

12 weeks?  13 weeks?  With DS, I considered myself to be in the 2nd trimester once I was past 13w3d, since that was technically 1/3 of the way through my pregnancy.  I'm just wondering what most people think or have been told.  I can't remember my doctor's opinion.
Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: What do you consider the end of the first trimester?

• Well in the books the 2nd trimester starts at the end of your 13th going into your 14th week. as for me I will be 14 weeks on Saturday meaning I will be leaving this board and going onto 2nd tri. hope I helped.

• We won't be able to tell our families until 13 weeks, so that's what we're going off of.

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Loading the player...
  • You are officially in the 2nd trimester when you hit 14 weeks. You are officially in the 3rd trimester when you hit 28 weeks.
  • 13 weeks 3 days is the official date, but we are telling our families this weekend after our NT scan. I won't move over to the 2nd trimester board until May 1st.  
    12/10 Dx with high levels antisperm antibodies (female)
    IVF#1 Jan/Feb 2011 Lupron Follistim 1/29
    ER 2/10 28 Retrieved 21 Fertilized w/ICSI
    ET 2/15 Transferred 2 beautiful embryos, 10 frosties
    Beta #1 2/24-141~Beta #2 2/28-1007
    1st u/s HB 116 2nd u/s HB 133
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 13 weeks 3 days
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • According to my pregnancy day by day book, the 2nd trimester starts at 12w1day.  This is based upon the baby's development (all grow at the same rate until 12w when all the major organ systems are in basic form, after this it varies and my book starts this as the second trimester). 

To me, the difference between 12w1d and 13w3d doesn't seem like its all that significant.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageWashingtonQueen:
    You are officially in the 2nd trimester when you hit 14 weeks. You are officially in the 3rd trimester when you hit 28 weeks.

I believe it's this.  At 14w, you have technically been pregnant for 12 weeks, which is 3 months.  But agree it's been confusing as far as finding an official mark.

(Same birthday, 2 years apart!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"