2nd Trimester

bathing suit styles

Is there any reason to not wear bikinis while pg?  It doesn't seem like anyone does...

I'm definitely showing, and will be much more so when we go on vacation this summer, but I hate one-pieces and don't really feel like spending the money on a tankini. 

What do others wear?

Re: bathing suit styles

• I'm wearing a bikini because I'm still too flat-chested for a one piece!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never even wore a bathing suit at all during my previous pregnancies.  But I will this summer because of my kids.  I don't know that my bikinis will still fit right though?  My boobs get bigger...and maybe the bottoms will be a bit small too?  Not sure.  If they fit I may be brave enough to wear them.  If I buy new I would buy a tankini though because I would feel more comfortable. 
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I too will be rockin' a bikini this summer!  I figure it's the one time I will be able to go out in public in one and not have to worry about feeling fat. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I plan on wearing a bikini because I enjoy bikinis and I don't give a crap what anyone thinks of my stomach.

I will have to buy new bikini tops, though. I tried on my suit from last year and it was comically small on top... I looked like a stripper. Like a pregnant stripper.

• I plan to wear my bikinis!  I have a long torso and one pieces never fit exactly right and pull in weird places (think camel toe).  I will be happy to be rocking my belly and not having to worry about sucking it in!!  Also, I can't think of having something wet and or hot over my stomach!  ugggg
  • Definitely bikini! Big Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagearmybride86:
    I too will be rockin' a bikini this summer!  I figure it's the one time I will be able to go out in public in one and not have to worry about feeling fat. :)

This!  Ever since DS was born I've been wearing a tankini and I am so excited to be back in a bikini this summer. 

Plus, I don't love the heavy wet fabric around my midsection when I'm not pg, I can only imagine how irritating it would be pg. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemeganjane86:

I will have to buy new bikini tops, though. I tried on my suit from last year and it was comically small on top... I looked like a stripper. Like a pregnant stripper.

haha.  

IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • I'm going on a beach vaca to the Caribbean later this week and I'm bringing a maternity tankini I bought, but will probably throw in a regular bikini too.  We'll see how comfortable I feel.  I'm not one to feel self conscious, but my preg belly really does make me look just...weird.  Its hard to feel sexy and confident with this belly sticking out (and I'm not really that big), and yes, people do stare.  Plus, I have a linea negra from my belly button down which I actually am a little self conscious about. 

It'll be a game time decision for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am wearing a tankini. I have never seen anyone wear a bikini while big in pregnancy. I wouldn't want the unwanted attention I will surely get. I am surprised that so many of you are going to be wearing it (not judging anyone, just saying).
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 24 weeks pregnant, and due August 3. I am deffinitely planning on wearing a bikini all this summer. The only reason I see to wear a tankini is to maybe protect the tummy area. Y not wear sunscrean?? Maybe some wemen would wear one to hide the bump or the stretch marks... But Y hide it??? Show it off while you can!!! And stretch marks are completely natural!
  • If I were super fit before my pregnancy I would have, but I wasn't so I do not wear them now haha. If you are comfortable with it, do it! I think pregnant women in bikinis are adorable!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Hmm... hadn't thought about linea nigra - that would be the only think that would make me uncomfortable in a bikini.  Otherwise, I'll go with the bikini.  I firmly believe that if someone is going to stare and judge, they'll do it anyway, and frankly, if my prego body in a bikini makes someone else more uncomfortable than me, then that is even more incentive to wear it.
  • That's hilarious!  I have the same problem!  I had the perfect image in my head when you said pregnant stripper!
  • I was just talking about this with someone today.  For me, it's a modesty issue.  I'm not really keen on being pregnant and wearing a bathing suit like I'm still trying to pick up guys on the beach.  But, I know everyone has their own views of modesty, etc., so I'd say it's up to you.  Some pg women look cute in bikinis...it's just totally not for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"