February 2011 Moms

Mothers Day

What do you want for mother's day? Is it your first Mother's Day? Did you imagine last year that you would have LO this year?

Re: Mothers Day

• This year, I am asking for a Bali Breeze Wrap in "Whitman." This is my first Mother's Day, and honestly, I am crazy excited! Last year, I had no idea I would be a mom this year, because we weren't yet actively trying (I had just gone off BC in anticipation of trying this year). I am so thankful that we conceived because as DH keeps reminding me, if we had conceived a different day, or even seconds earlier or later, DS would be different. I wouldn't have my wonderful Sully-monster and so I am so thankful that we have him!
  • This time last year I was still recovering from miscarrying my first pregnancy. We were so happy to get pregnant again quickly. So, I don't want anything else for mother's day. I'm just so happy that I am a mama to a sweet little girl :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't thought about it- I'm a simple kinda gal, though & I'd be thrilled just to spend the day with DH & DS doing whatever. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This will be my first Mother's Day. And considering I wasn't trying to get pregnant when I did, I definitely did not imagine this time last year that I'd be a mom now. I haven't even thought about what I want for Mother's Day. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting anything since I'm a single mom. But as long as I get to spend the day cuddling with LO I'll be happy. Her coo's and smiles are the best gifts right now anyway.  
  • I want somthing that has to do with Aidan and Lucas. Last year I was grieving and afraid that i'd be forgotten on mother's day. I wasn't even ready to discuss trying again.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • This time last year we were trying, so I was hopeful! This year I want a ring or a pendant for a necklace with DS's birthstone. Amethyst is my favorite anyway. =)
  • Truthfully, I would probably be mad if DH went out and got anything expensive for me since we have so many medical bills right now. A day out with my boys and some flowers would be the best gift for me.

And I had actually thought we would have a LO last year on Mother's day so it was a little depressing for me that we still were not pregnant. This year will be much better :)

• This is my first mother's day. I just want DS's reflux medicine to work for him. I have a feeling if it does it could change so much for us :) Last year I hoped I would have a LO by now but I was beginning to worry it might not happen. I'm looking forward to spending a nice cozy day with DS and DH.

• This is my first Mothers Day and I am so excited.  Not excited about gifts or anything like that, but just excited to be celebrating it as a MOM!  It's almost hard to imagine.  We wont be home so I hope we can find something fun to do while we are out of town.  That's pretty much all I can ask for right now.  I'd hate to have a boring 1st mothers day all because we are out of town.  But I'm sure DH will make it memorable somehow. 

This reminds me...I should start planning something cool for Father's Day!   

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • This will be my first Mother's Day as a mommy. Last Mother's Day we were TTC and very hopeful (and that did end up being the month we conceived!). I don't want anything special - just maybe a sweet card from DH, or maybe the opportunity to sleep in a little. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I am spoiled and know what DH got me already (well mostly, because he wanted to know if I'd wear it, and what my neck size is). He got me something like the first item listed on this page:

https://personalize.kay.com/kay1.html?q=category:personalized_necklaces_and_pendants

It will have the white topaz on the top (for DH's birthstone), Aquamarine in the middle (My birthstone), and an Amethyst on the bottom (for LO's birthstone). Our first anniversary is Sunday after Mother's Day, so he kind of got a joint thing.

• So after reading everyone's answers, I feel like I sound really greedy. So, I just wanted to clarify, I thought of this because DH asked what I wanted, I said that I didn't know, and he told me I'd better figure it out. So, I figured it out and got so excited I thought I'd post!
  • imagemisskassielynn:
    So after reading everyone's answers, I feel like I sound really greedy. So, I just wanted to clarify, I thought of this because DH asked what I wanted, I said that I didn't know, and he told me I'd better figure it out. So, I figured it out and got so excited I thought I'd post!
    You do not sound greedy at all! I really want the Bali Breeze wrap too (in Whitman!) so I could have just as easily written your post :D Of course having healthy babies is the best Mother's Day gift, I totally get that all of us meant that no matter what else we'd like to receive.
  • I don't expect anything for Mother's Day this year. Just glad to have my little man. DH and I are slowly but surely prying ourselves out of hospital and re-model debt Crying

I do look forward to brunch with my family and dinner later with DH's family. It should be a nice day with family, hopefully the weather is nice.

• imagemisskassielynn:
    So after reading everyone's answers, I feel like I sound really greedy. So, I just wanted to clarify, I thought of this because DH asked what I wanted, I said that I didn't know, and he told me I'd better figure it out. So, I figured it out and got so excited I thought I'd post!

You don't sound greedy at all! I would love to get a nice gift (jewelry) next year when we're not in debt anymore. This year is just a difficult year for us. But what I REALLY can't wait for is those handmade cards from DS that he'll make at school or with DH. Those are priceless!

• imagemisskassielynn:

You do not sound greedy!

If we had money I would be telling MH I want an elliptical or something to get rid of my last "baby", lol. We are just too broke for me to be able to even want anything, sad.

• Mothers Day is the best :)  I've always had such great memories, it's wonderful to feel appreciated by everyone.  I've never asked for anything for Mothers Day before, but this year I'm totally being greedy and asking for an SLR camera.  We have a lame point and shoot from 2005 and I just can't get good pictures with it anymore.  I feel like I'm being greedy with a purpose...I want good pictures of my boys!!
    A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If I could clean out the utility room more, I'd ask for a tread mill. Or a necklace with birthstones to represent my kids. (in gold, I'm allergic to silver.) But DH, even though he asks what I want (and I tell him), will still probably get me the same card I got last year and toss it to me on the bed. It's the one with the bulldogs on it.The card, not my bed.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • It's my first Mother's Day.  We were trying this time last year, so I was hopeful I'd be a mommy by this Mother's Day.  I told my husband I wanted an amethyst ring.  A massage would be nice, too...
    imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so excited for Mother's Day this year.  DH is not very good with gifts, so I'm not sure that I'll get anything.. BUT I'm really hoping for a Ruby ring.  My birthstone is Ruby, and of course my LO's name is Ruby!  I am also hoping to go to the park or brunch or something with DH and LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's a little silly and overpriced for what it is (a coffee mug) but the only material thing on my wish-list is this, personalized with LO's picture.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/60177612/handpainted-custom-portrait-mug-made-to

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"