2nd Trimester

Birthing centers, Midwives for home birth

Where can I find a list of birthing centers/home birth midwives in southern California? I've googled and can't find anything with a link to a list of centers! Anyone know of a website?

Re: Birthing centers, Midwives for home birth

• I had trouble finding a resource for birthing centers here in PA as well, I found that I got the most info from Facebook of all places...at least for some centers to look into.  Im not sure that will help or not, I hope you can find one you love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's going to be specific per county.  Which county are you looking at?
  • Loading the player...
  • Seriously  San Diego is so much better about online information - both traffic and midwife/birth centers! 

Poor San Bernadino is kinda glommed on to LA and OC.

Okay - from what I could dig up quickly, I would look into

Blessed Beginnings

or

Inland Midwife Services

However - I would definitely try posting our your local board here or on the nest and getting advice from women who may have actually used these services.  I know there's a SD Knottie who keeps spouting off about how amazing her birth center is. She hasn't used them yet, and they've been the subject of several lawsuits.

• thank you! but the drive to san diego is a painful 3 hours away :(!
  • Try reposting this question on the natural birth board, that is if you haven't already. I usually spend most of my time on that board and I bet you could find several women there that are knowledgeable about the area or at least how to find info. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"