November 2011 Moms

Why can't I sleep in??

I have always been the kind of person that can sleep the whole morning away on the weekend. I usually sleep until at least 10 on Saturday, but my body hasn't allowed me to sleep in past 7:30 so far in this pregnancy. It isn't from having to pee or feeling sick, I just can't go back to sleep. It is driving me crazy.

Anyone else the same?

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Why can't I sleep in??

• Yup!  Must get up and eat what baby wants or I'm dry heaving.  The baby is already making me get up several times in the middle of the night.  Uggg!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• You have a toddler that can't sleep past 6? Oh wait, that's me! :(

ugh. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am up so early because I go to be by 9...even on Friday nights!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, that's me.  I was in bed by 9:00 last night.  Just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.  Woke up once in the middle of the night and was awake by 7:30.

• I think it has something to do with me falling asleep at 8 every night...my body is rejecting more than 11 hours of sleep. I have a hard time falling back asleep once I wake up now too. Plus I am dying for breakfast when I wake up.
  • imagestaciemc:
    I think it has something to do with me falling asleep at 8 every night...my body is rejecting more than 11 hours of sleep. I have a hard time falling back asleep once I wake up now too. Plus I am dying for breakfast when I wake up.

I think this is part of it for me, I have been going to bed a couple hours earlier than normal. Sigh...

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Right there with you... I've never been one to sleep in, but can usually make it to 8-9 on the weekends. Not anymore. Now I'm up every 2 hours or so and then up for the day at 5, which sucks because I don't have to be up until 5:30 on the weekdays. 
  • I cant sleep in for nuthin.  Im awake 7 in the morning when i dont have to go to work.  it sucks

• I "slept in" till about 8:30 today... I was so happy I got to sleep so late!  lol  Lately I've been getting up earlier, but I have a cold right now- plus, my little furry alarm clock (read: the cat) didn't try to wake me...
  • Me too!!! The past few weeks I literally wake up 4-5  times to go pee and then I can't go back to sleep. I have also been going to bed around 9 and waking up around 7/730 for good but often times I lay in bed at 2 in the morning praying I fall back asleep. I guess it's good to know we are not alone but I can't wait till this passes. I guess our body is prepping us for broken sleep when the little ones come.
    BFP 9/19/10 Blighted Ovum 10/11/10 D&C 10/26/2010 BFP#2 3/14/11 EDD 11/21/11 **Praying for a sticky baby** my blog:http://www.fitmomnetwork.com/apps/blog/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get up to go pee at around 2 a.m. and  6 a.m. on most nights, which is so unlike me.  It's throwing off my whole sleep system.  The getting up to pee at 6 is working like my alarm clock on weekdays, but on the weekends... I was never one to sleep in past 8, but now I find myself sleeping in until 10 on the weekends because I get up to pee so much during the night. 
    "I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing."

• jb2rnjb2rn member

I have never slept in much, mostly because then I am SO tired come the work week when I have to get up at 0500.

However, I agree with you. I woke up three times last night, falling back to sleep with weird dreams. When dh got up around 0630, I tried to sleep later but it only lasted until 0700.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I wake up once in the middle of the night like clockwork to do my business, and then usually my dogs decide its time for me to wake up at 630 to eat, so I usually eat a couple handfuls of Honey Nut Cheerios so I don't start my day off by hugging the toilet. But I totally hear you on not sleeping or even being able to go back to sleep, incredibly frustrating!
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• I'm finding exactly the same thing!!! I was always able to sleep in, now I wake up at 7.30! What's the deal?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Crazy huh!? I've been having a really hard time with waking up at like 3 or 4 to pee (for the second or third time, haha) and just being UP until like 5 or 6...

I think the combination of having to pee every few hours AND how excited I am about the baby keeps me awake or wakes me up. I keep thinking that my excitement will die down a bit, but so far it definitely hasn't haha - which is a good thing I guess. :)  

I'm also so busy during the day (with work) and then so tired at night that sometimes I think that the mornings are really my only time to REALLY just focus on my little "Bouncing Bean".  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here!  There have been a few nights when I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep for over an hour but fortunately I've been sleeping through the night more lately.  Now it's just the waking up on weekends at 6am and not being able to fall asleep again. Dr. said it was just the hormones kicking in.  Lucky us!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wake up like this too then fall half back to sleep with crazy dreams!
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I wake up at 4 or 5 every morning :(
  • I have this problem as well, except during the week I cannot get out of bed where as on the weekend I'm up bright and early...totally backwards!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"