Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Ugh, he fell :'(

Right off the bed. Right on the top of his head. And he was literally less than 5 inches away.

I know it usually happens to us all at some point, they fall somewhere, but the fact that I was RIGHT there and it happened anyway, I'm pissed at myself.

DD was chasing the dog like she does everyday, and DS had rolled over onto his stomach and was giggling at them running back and forth. Before I knew it, the dog AND DD jumped onto the corner of the bed, and DS just happened to be trying to roll back onto his back at the same time, and he rolled like three times before sliding right off the bed head first onto the floor. Crying

It was like one of those slow motion things, and although I tried to catch him, my hands just weren't fast enough. I took him to the pedi because his nose bled a tiny bit, and it seemed like he didn't want to move his head, and she said he's fine. But I still feel like garbage. Poor little guy.

imageimage
Breleigh & Mason

Re: Ugh, he fell :'(

• Aww poor thing :(  I'm sure he'll be getting lots of extra cuddles today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw, poor baby! It's not your fault, and it probably will/does happen to everyone eventually.

When I was a baby, my dad left me on the bed and I rolled off, my mom said that was the only time she had ever seen him cry! 

• Loading the player...
  • Im so sorry you had to go through that... my DD fell off the bed two weekends ago and I think I cried more than she did. She had an appt that day and the pedi said she was fine. After she had stopped crying she was playing and laughin again, so I figured she was ok.

It can be hard on us mommas....

• Oh no!  Poor little guy!

I'm glad he's okay though!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry this happened.  But it seems like it happens a lot to people.  I lurked on the AP board one day and there were 17 replies to a "falling out of bed post" and many of them talked about it happening more than once.  I'm glad he's ok and try not to beat yourself up.  Sounds like it was just one of those fluke things. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I am always so paranoid about this!!! I hope you're not too hard on yourself!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It happened to me this week too, but with the couch. I was so upset, but he literally giggled 2 minutes later and was back to himself. He no longer sits on the couch, unless I'm holding him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"