Florida Babies

we are moving to tampa area...help!

Hey girls,

we are moving to the tampa area (not sure exactly where yet) and we are looking for apartments...a lot of the ones i found online say income restricted...why are there so many?  we were starting to look in the Brandon area but if you could make any suggestions that would be awesome!! Thanks so much!

Re: we are moving to tampa area...help!

• Is there a reason for choosing Brandon?
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Inwood park apartments are nice they are on west waters in between Dalemabry and anderson. we have a lot of complexes that turned into "Condos" so you rent them from the owners.
    Trying to get knocked up since Dec 2012...
  • Loading the player...
  • We know someone in that area but it def. does not have to be there....i will take any suggestions!
  • We live in Sarasota, I would suggest checking out Sarasota, Venice, or Lakewood Ranch.
  • Hi there! There is another website I would recommend that might help you with the Tampa area. I'm providing a link to a helpful post that suggests some things to consider when choosing an area around Tampa. There are quite a few income restricted complexes and Tampa can be hit or miss from one street to the next.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/1011870-moving-tampa-bay-please-read-before.html 

• We lived in the Post apartments on Rocky Point by the airport and loved it there! If you're looking into Brandon, there are a few nice areas south of Causeway Blvd or Bloomingdale. Citrus Park and Town N Country are also nice areas. I would drive around and check out some places before making any decisions. Tampa is VERY hit and miss when it comes to nice, safe locations.
  • We live in the Westchase area which is gorgeous!! It's a very safe, clean and friendly area but it can also be a little pricey compared to other Tampa neighborhoods. I would defiently check out Westchase and Carrollwood as well as the Rocky Point area. South Tampa area is also very nice but again it's trendy and can be expensive. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right now with the economy many people are renting out houses for the price that you would pay for an apartment. If you are looking for more space I would look on craigslist or get with a real estate agent to look at renting a house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLoriJ11:
    Right now with the economy many people are renting out houses for the price that you would pay for an apartment. If you are looking for more space I would look on craigslist or get with a real estate agent to look at renting a house.

We had to move to San Antonio for H's job, so we rented out our pretty much brand new 5 bedroom house for like $1200. Seriously I would check out houses.

Also we're from the Brandon area so if you need any help with anything around there feel free to PM me. I know most of the apartments around the area and I can tell you which ones are nicer. I'd suggest (if you're choosing Brandon) staying close to causeway because of the crosstown and closeness to 75.  

I can also tell you some nicer neighborhoods in the Brandon area. Fishhawk is nice but the traffic to get anywhere is HORRENDOUS. There are some nicer places in the Riverview area

Hope you enjoy Tampa. I never thought I would miss it, but I really do.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• definitely agree with PP, Tampa is very hit or miss. i had lived in Brandon for my whole life, i now live in New Tampa n would not recommend moving up here, Valrico is a great place to look, which borders brandon, its a little more quiet, but not too far from everything and not expensive. hope u find what u r looking for.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Westchase was a great area! When DH and I first moved to TPA we lived in an aprtment complex that was barley in WC called Arbor's at Branchcreek. It did have a little down side when they pulled the rug out from under us and turned it into a Nudie colony and re-named it Edan but no worries! They are back to the old nice complex they once were.
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"