February 2011 Moms

Totally cried at work today

I am on the iPad so please be aware of auto correct and lack of spaces! I am pumping at work and I am a teacher, I don't get to go anytime I want. I have to go at my scheduled prep time, lunch and after school. It is a huge pain because this are really the only times I am alone to get any work done but I am too busy pumping. It is so stressful to be sure to get enough every time and then get it in the freaking teacher's lounge fridge like 2 miles away. I always seem to finish just in time to pee and pick my kids up from music or phys-Ed. So today I went to add another bag of milk to my cooler and I saw that my morning pumping session was leaking Al over, like out of the bag, through the cooler and onto then shelf. I was so tired and hungry that I just broke down and started crying. One of then teachers in there literally said "oh yuck". I get it, I understand that she was grossed out but shut up b!tch. Now is not the time to flucck with me. I had to clean up my coolest bag, store my milk in a freaking Target bag and wipe down the whole bottom shelf of the fridge. Needless to say I didn't get lunch. All I could think was I should be with my baby, i should be with my bay. I am so tired and this has been a REALLY hard transition for me...please feel sorry for me. I need a pat on the back and a little hug. And if anyone wants to tell me I am pretty that wouldn't hurt either! (tee hee hee)
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Totally cried at work today

• I'm so sorry, I used to teach so I know how short the breaks are and it must be really tiring/stressful to stay on top of pumping. The bag leaking is just one of those last straw moments and I totally would have cried too. Hang in there, you're doing great and summer will be here in no time. You're giving your daughter an amazing gift by pumping and I have serious respect for any woman who's able to do it. ETA: Can you get a mini fridge for your classroom?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS!!!! Yes, she just needs to get a little compassion and it would have helped your day. I am so sorry.

I am getting nervous to go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks :(  I have actually started getting more and more anxious everyday.

Good luck dear! It will get better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So many hugs and understanding are coming your way. Being a working mom is tough! I can take as long as I want to pump, but my hours are so sporadic that I don't have a set schedule for pumping, and some days (like the last few) I have articles to finish late at night so I get maybe 4 hours of sleep tops before she decides she wants to eat... I've done the whole "I should be with my baby" thing before! :(
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ohhh, I'm so sorry :(  That would be so awful.  I get so shaky and emotional when I'm hungry, but your situation was so sad hungry or not!  Sorry about the bitchy lady in the teachers lounge.  Not the time or the place, lady!

And I can tell by your avatar that you're totally pretty ;)

"Today was a difficult day.  Tomorrow will be better." - Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse

A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagestaryeyes:

Ohhh, I'm so sorry :(  That would be so awful.  I get so shaky and emotional when I'm hungry, but your situation was so sad hungry or not!  Sorry about the bitchy lady in the teachers lounge.  Not the time or the place, lady!

And I can tell by your avatar that you're totally pretty ;)

"Today was a difficult day.  Tomorrow will be better." - Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse

Thank you everyone. I needed the encouragement ! Staryeyes I am in MPLS too!
  • I totally understand!  I just started back to work last week (I teach 4th grade) and the pumping at work is so hard.  I stayed home with DS1, so I've never had to do it at work before.  Planning and lunch is such an important time to collect your thoughts and get stuff done, and pumping takes up so much time even when I use the hands-free thing.  My second day back at work we had a field trip to the zoo and I had to pump twice there and I just kept thinking, "I should be with my baby" just like you.  

I'm sorry about your milk leaking all over, that would have sent me over the edge too!  I hope tomorrow is a better day :) 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey gorgeous! Sending over some hugs. It will get easier. 
  • If it makes you feel any better, last week I poured 4oz of pumped milk into a freezer bag only for it it be ripped on the bottom seam and it spilled all over my stove and kitchen floor. needless to say i was crying so I know how you feel, I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hugs your way!  I'll be back at work at a school in a couple of weeks and am definitely nervous about pumping at work.  Keep doing your thing though! 

I get VERY grumpy if I miss a meal so I feel your pain with missing lunch.  Is there a way for you to have granola bars or other snacks stashed at work and maybe in between class you can sneak a bite in?

• Crying over spilled breast milk is totally appropriate! Your gorgeous, ((hugs))
  • Totally understand, we work hard for that milk darn it and It hurts when it is wasted!  Hugs... And maybe look at keeping it in your class room with icepacks so you dont have to worry about walking to the community fridge.  Have a great day! 
  • I'm a teacher too and today is my first day back to work. Left HugRight Hug
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry  :( 

I'm a nurse in the hospital and work 13 hour shifts. Theres no guarantee I'll have time to pump...I barely get lunch as it is. I'm dreadinggg going back and being away from her for that long.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary     thttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/heartnurse06/settings/avatar/index#ickers
  • Thank you so much ladies. I know I am not alone in my feelings, it is nice to hear my misery has a symphony!
  • I am a pumping teacher also, HS so I only get to pump once a day during my prep because it happens to occur at the same time as my lunch--I am busting out the door after 3rd hour to get down to the nurses office. Thankfully, I just store the milk in the breastpump bag so I dont have to worry about sharing it in the fridge with my co-workers.  Thank goodness summer is not to far off. BTW I am in MPLS too
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"