3rd Trimester

I was really hoping these questions would stop....

First thank you all for being so patient with us first time mommies...I was hoping that my paranoia would subside once I was in the third trimester but I guess not....

I have a couple of questions.  First is about movement, I defintely notice movement everyday and do get my 10 movements in an hour...but still some days he seems a bit more quiet than usual.  Just two days ago he was moving like crazy with big very notcible movements, yesterday he was much more quiet even with my prompting of cold drinks and little nudges.  I just need to know if this type of pattern is still considered normal at this stage?  Or does this indicate that there is something wrong with my little man.

My next question is about occasional numbness in my hands and feet, just been noticing it more often lately...normal?

TIA Ladies

IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker

Re: I was really hoping these questions would stop....

• Your baby is establishing sleep/awake patterns and growth spurts make them sleepy - so yes, there will be "quiet" days. They aren't fun for us, but as long as you are feeling movement, everything should be fine. If you have ANY doubts, you should always call your doc.

As for the numbness - I'm starting to feel that now that I'm so swollen. I would mention it to your doc at your next appt, but I'm sure you're fine.

• As your baby gets bigger it gets harder for her to move in there. As always- if youre seriously worried, call your doctor and mention that movement has decreased over the last day or two. If they are concerned they get you in to be checked out. 

As for your hands and feet----have you mentioned it at any of your appointments? If not, I'd say something when you call about fetal movement :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been experiencing similar issues with movement (I'm 34w--1st baby). Ever since about 28w, baby will have several quiet days & then he goes nuts for a couple days, repeat. I again asked my Midwife about this & she said it's fine (of course, if we're really worried, we should call in). 

I chalk it up to he's growing a lot & you grow when you sleep, and sleeping is a good thing. Think of how much newborns sleep.  I have absolutely no idea if this is true, but I read somewhere that if they're calm when inside, they'll be calm when they come out so even if it's not true, it's a nice thought :-)  I also think baby moves a lot while I'm sleeping--hubby was feeling my belly one night when I was knocked out and the baby was going crazy.

I've also got wrist & foot pain & my arms fall asleep more at night. I think it's all the extra blood/water volume & your circulatory system is just working that much harder.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sometimes the numbness comes from a pinched nerve in your back or your back being out of alignment.  If it continues you might consider seeing a chiroprator for relief. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"