Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Miscarried and reminded... by thebump.com

I had a mc last week and a D&C on Wednesday 4/5. I came in to the BUMP site and changed all of my bio information back to TTC. But the timetable under my name continues to calculate my babies progress. Each time I login I hope that it changes back to TTC, but it still says I'm in my 10th week of pregnancy. It breaks my heart all over again. I may just have to start over with a new email address and everything... Does anyone know how to fix this? Or has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Miscarried and reminded... by thebump.com

• Options

Argh! Yes, I know-- it's really f-ed up and it has happened to a lot of us on here! I can't believe they haven't fixed this once and for all-- you'd imagine they're getting hundreds of emails about it! It's like a knife in the heart when you see something like that... :-(

Someone here told me to email: community@thebump.com about this problem and they fixed it almost immediately by editing my profile for me. Granted, it now says "0 weeks old", but at least it's an improvement over seeing how far along I would have been by now... Also, another great suggestion I followed was to bookmark this forum page, so I could just click straight through to it. I still *hate* having to go past the main page and all the other forums full of happy mothers and mothers-to-be... I hope this helps. I am so very sorry for your loss-- it's so painful and it shouldn't be made worse by constant reminders like an old pg ticker. ((hugs))

BFP #1: 3/23/11 natural m/c: 4/1/11 @ 5 wks 5 d Taking a break from TTC to sort out health issues and finish grad school... "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert
  • Options

Thank you! I can't believe how offensive this problem is... You'd think they'd get someone on it to fix it. Thanks for the bookmark suggestion. I actaully sent the email this morning. Hopefully someone reads it and fixes it...

Thank you for your sympathy. Life has been hard this past week and it's nice to come here and read posts by other mothers who have lost their babies...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're very welcome-- I'm glad you found this community and I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me since this happened. :)
    BFP #1: 3/23/11 natural m/c: 4/1/11 @ 5 wks 5 d Taking a break from TTC to sort out health issues and finish grad school... "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert
  • Options

Sorry about that...I had issues with it as well.  As PP stated emailing them will usually get it fixed within a couple days.

I think it is awful that a site this big and widely used can't get a handle on being able to control this more easily.  It's pretty insensitive.  

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know it's not the same as having it fixed but I finally got sick of seeing that stupid time line telling me I was 14 weeks along and blocked it with firefox's adblock plus. I know it's not a solution for everyone and it shouldn't have to come to this but that's how I am solving it. :(
  • Options
    I'm glad you emailed customer support. I tried a million things and finally got it to show your baby is "0 weeks" by changing my due date in my profile to to 2015... the bookmark idea is simply genius!
    smaller alaska pic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Yuck, I'm having this problem too. I don't understand why your due date line doesn't just go away when you mark "not pregnant."

BFP 2.19.11 - Missed miscarriage, April 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"