Babies: 3 - 6 Months

what is a good coffee alternative for breastfeeding moms

i have maybe two-three cups a day of coffee and maybe one soda, and i think its causing my son to have colic so i wanted to try to cut back. any suggestions? i dont think i could cut completly back due to feedings are every 3-4 hours at night then sometimes he stays up for 2 hours at 2 am.

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: what is a good coffee alternative for breastfeeding moms

• I never minded decaf coffee, so that's of course an option. I've been drinking decaf chai tea in the morning which I really like.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Decaf coffee, green tea (I don't like green tea on it's own but the fruit or berry versions taste good), regular tea, chocolate or mocha whey protein shakes, smoothies.

I've cut down to only one regular coffee in the morning. The rest of the day I have decaf or the other options listed.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, I've read that it can take about 2 weeks for the food/drink that's irritating your baby to clear out of your system completely. So give it time and make sure you're not eating other possible irritants too. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • It's not exatly delish but I drink the mother's milk tea when I'm craving another cup of joe. Loaded up with honey of course.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agree with PP about it taking 2 weeks or so for things to get out of your system.  Also, keep in mind that even decaf coffee contains some caffeine.  I've found that I really can't have any (including decaf) because it makes DD's reflux even worse.  Sad

Sorry I can't help with an alternative - I have had to become a water drinker!  And the occasional root beer when I'm craving a soda (since most root beers don't have caffeine). 

• You could always go the extremely healthy route too and start your day off with apple juice. It can help wake you up without any caffeine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"