Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Clicky Poll....Bikini Time??

Re: Clicky Poll....Bikini Time??

• It's not inappropriate because I'm a mother, it's inappropriate because of the muffin top and loose skin I'm still rocking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's not appropriate for me to wear a bikini, but not because I'm a mom. It's not appropriate becasue my lower half looks like I'm wearing tiger print...only I'm not.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRunningWife:
    It's not inappropriate because I'm a mother, it's inappropriate because of the muffin top and loose skin I'm still rocking.

This

• Chose SS. A big fat no on the bikini, but not because it's inappropriate now that I'm a mom. It's because I have never worn a bikini and I do not have the body for one, so I sure wouldn't start wearing one now. 
  • DD#1 was born in Feb  and by July I was rocking the bikini.  I also lost a ton of weight while BFing.

If I can get in shape before this summer (which I'm working on right now) yup.  I'll do it again.  As long as I look good in it I have no issue with it.

• imageMissNikki007:
    It's not appropriate for me to wear a bikini, but not because I'm a mom. It's not appropriate becasue my lower half looks like I'm wearing tiger print...only I'm not.

This for me too.  No one wants to see me from my ribcage down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• J+MSJ+MS member
    I will be wearing a bikini around my pool...not sure if I'm brave enough to show off my stretch marks in public, though
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • I don't think it's inappropriate for mothers to wear one but I don't have the body to rock one at all.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• I think its awesome if you can wear a bikini....I just don't want to scare everyone with my stretch marks, plus the fact that when I eat too much I still look preggo and I refuse to not eat!  bahaha 
  • LCB34LCB34 member
    I will be wearing a bikini this summer.  I find nothing wrong with moms wearing bikinis as long as they have the body for it.
  • No.  I don't think it's inappropriate, I just don't do bikinis.  Tankini all the way.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I will definitely be skipping the bikini this year. Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief
    Proud daddy since July 2010
    www.hangingwithdad.com
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you're a mom. It's the way you feel about how you look.

I went for SS because I hope to be in a bikini this Summer but if I don't meet that goal I'll go for my tankini. I'll be wearing a tankini for DD's swim lessons anyway.

• J+MSJ+MS member
    imagestayathomedaddy:
    I will definitely be skipping the bikini this year. Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief
    No speedo to show off the stretch marks?
  • imageJ+MS:
    imagestayathomedaddy:
    I will definitely be skipping the bikini this year. Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief
    Words outta my mouth!

Or you could always go with a banana hammock a la Borat.

• J+MSJ+MS member
    imageMissNikki007:

imageJ+MS:
    imagestayathomedaddy:
    Words outta my mouth!

verry niice, how much??
  • I don't think it's inappropriate in general for a mom to wear a bikini.  I have two 12 year olds, so I won't wear one because I don't know any junior high age kid that wants to be seen with their bikini wearing mama!  Wink
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageRunningWife:
    It's not inappropriate because I'm a mother, it's inappropriate because of the muffin top and loose skin I'm still rocking.

This!

• Skipping it because I have stretch marks, not because I am a mom. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagestayathomedaddy:

Yes

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• I think a bikini is fine if you can wear it.  I, however, will not be wearing one as I don't think there is enough room in a bikini for my numerous rolls of flabby skin.  I'd rather not scare all the kiddies at the pool.

• If I didn't have the weird c-section overhang and tiger stripes I would. I'm thinking of looking for a swim muumuu.
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe a tankini for me. I am lucky enough that the few stretch marks I got are now gone but I still have some loose skin around my belly button. I would be happy if I had something to cover that up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a bikini that fits my nursing b00bs because I actually looked hot after my first was born...

if I lose 5 more lbs. I may be brave enough to wear it.

I got stretch marks this time, but they have faded significantly, so I might be ok.

• imageRunningWife:

This would be my problem too.   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLCB34:
    I will be wearing a bikini this summer.  I find nothing wrong with moms wearing bikinis as long as they have the body for it.

Yep, this! 

"To me, you are perfect."

• I'm jealous of all you ladies who didn't get stretch marks.
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJ+MS:
    imageMissNikki007:

imageJ+MS:
    imagestayathomedaddy:
    Words outta my mouth!

verry niice, how much??
    You like-a?
  • SS - I am not comfortable wearing a bikini now, self-esteem...but I am not going to avoid swimming!  
  • SS.  I have a pretty rockin' bod (at least I think I do), but I have a few stretchmarks below my belly button that I don't feel like showing to the world.  I will be wearing a tankini.  If I didn't have the stretchies, I'd be sportin' the bikini for sure!

• imageRunningWife:

All this and fat azz.

• LCB34LCB34 member
    imageKJmashup:

imageLCB34:

Yep, this! 

Except you have pretty tatas to sport.  I need to get mine done BAD!

• I'm in the if-I-can-pull-it-off boat, I will be in the bikini. Otherwise, I'm guessing tankini.

OP, I think this poll has a poor choice of words/reasons. Moms can definitely wear bikinis. And, I know plenty of women, who are NOT moms and never have been, that shouldn't we wearing a bikini. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageLCB34:
    Yep, we have already been to the pool.
  • imageRunningWife:

This.  If I had it, I'd flaunt it.  Buuut, I don't have it.  Ha!

• imagestayathomedaddy:

LOL!

I won't be rocking one this year, but hopefully next. There's nothing wrong with it.

• imageLCB34:
    imageKJmashup:

imageLCB34:

Yep, this! 

Except you have pretty tatas to sport.  I need to get mine done BAD!

Ha ha ha! I need to get mine redone due to some inexplicable shrinkage!  

"To me, you are perfect."

• imagedetokiet:
    Chose SS. A big fat no on the bikini, but not because it's inappropriate now that I'm a mom. It's because I have never worn a bikini and I do not have the body for one, so I sure wouldn't start wearing one now. 

I don't think they make bikinis in my size. I also am not a fan of most bikinis. My mom is 47 and still rocks a bikini. She's a size 4 but I think it's a little inappropriate.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I'm thisclose to being able to look good in one again. However, I tried it on before DS took swimming lessons, looked down at my BFing boobs and said, "Whoa, that's not appropriate for a baby aged swim class" and sported a tankini instead. My bikinis have been relegated to the drawer until I get my invite to the Playboy mansion.
  • J+MSJ+MS member
    imageMissNikki007:
    imageJ+MS:
    imageMissNikki007:

imageJ+MS:
    imagestayathomedaddy:
    Words outta my mouth!

verry niice, how much??
    You like-a?
    I lik-a do-da cha cha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"