Washington Babies
Options

well wishers and my doubts about rice in babies bottle at night

So my little prince sleeps well at night at 9 weeks but does of course wake at least twice for a feeding.  Many a family member and friend has said put a tiny bit of rice in his milk at night it will help him sleep better.  my mom instinct says heck no because a. he shouldnt have any solids for at least another  2-4 months and b. I have heard that it can cuase a baby to sleep in a deeper sleep which worries me from a SIDS stand point.  Any moms out there that have went ahead and given the rice or it wise for me to trust my instict and just let him settle into his rythm at night on his own.

Re: well wishers and my doubts about rice in babies bottle at night

• Options
    Rice in the bottle is "old school" advice.  Unless your pedi says to do it for a specific medical reason (like reflux) don't do it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageRobynK:
    Rice in the bottle is "old school" advice.  Unless your pedi says to do it for a specific medical reason (like reflux) don't do it.

This exactly.  You can't make a baby sleep better by putting cereal in the bottle, it's been disproven.  Plus their gut at 9 weeks is not built to handle solid foods, just breastmilk (or formula.)  Trust your mom instinct, you're doing the right thing! 

image Visit The Nest!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It sounds like he is getting great sleep for a 9 weeker.  Stick with your instincts.

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

Just send this to your mom:  

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipcerealinbottle.htm

I agree with the others always trust your mommy gut above all else.  

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options
    imageMrsAmyB:

It sounds like he is getting great sleep for a 9 weeker.  Stick with your instincts.

This.  Enjoy the sleep!

• Options
    imagemishquiche:
    imageMrsAmyB:

This.  Enjoy the sleep!

Yeah, definitely this! He's doing great! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"