Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Do you feel guilty?

Do you feel guilty for missing work when LO is sick? I have missed the past 2 days & will probably miss tomorrow too. LO is #1, but I feel guilty for missing work? WHY???

Re: Do you feel guilty?

• Options
    UGH....what a topic....3 weeks ago my boss totally blew up on me (cussing and yelling) for missing so much work due to Aidan being sick.  Remember- its your child and that is just a job.  I walked out and never looked back. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageVanderLaan:
    UGH....what a topic....3 weeks ago my boss totally blew up on me (cussing and yelling) for missing so much work due to Aidan being sick.  Remember- its your child and that is just a job.  I walked out and never looked back. 

Wow, that sucks. I called my boss Monday morning & I got "Well, you have to do what you have to do, but your inbox will be pretty full when you get back." I don't like feeling guilty about work, like I said, my child is #1. I wish I could be a SAHM...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I never feel guilty...ever.  IF DS is sick, I'm taking the time to be home with him.  I'm a teacher and my Principal is very "family first".  I saw her over last summer and she said something about my schedule being super tough this year.  I said, yeah, but I'll make it through.  Her response was "just save up a few of those sick/personal days to take sporatically throughout the year when you want some extra time with your son- that's what I'd do!". 

DH and I actually just took personal days yesterday to spend some extra time with DS (personal time in my district, doesn't really mean true "personal" time....it's time to do business related things that can't happen outside of school hours- like if you had to close on your house or something).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just started a new job less than a month ago and my first full week there Aiden got sick.  DH stayed with him because I just couldn't take the time.  Not judging but is there anyone else that could stay with him tomorrow?  If he's sick he's sick but if you can leave him with someone else it would probably be better because three days is a long time from an employer's stand point.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    imagemm&m2010:

imageVanderLaan:

Wow, that sucks. I called my boss Monday morning & I got "Well, you have to do what you have to do, but your inbox will be pretty full when you get back." I don't like feeling guilty about work, like I said, my child is #1. I wish I could be a SAHM...

That sucks....I really wish bosses would understand.  All you can do is take care of LO and do the best job you can at work.  Thats all they can ask for.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageelmoali:
    I just started a new job less than a month ago and my first full week there Aiden got sick.  DH stayed with him because I just couldn't take the time.  Not judging but is there anyone else that could stay with him tomorrow?  If he's sick he's sick but if you can leave him with someone else it would probably be better because three days is a long time from an employer's stand point.

Well my Mom usually watches him while I am at work, but she also watches my nephew who is 19 months. I don't think it's right to have her watch my sick child & risk the chance of my nephew getting sick. My husband makes more money then me, so it just makes sense financially for me to stay home when he is sick.

• Options
    I don't (although sometimes I feel like they think I'm lying because DS gets booted from daycare pretty frequently for being sick). But, then again my boss is an evil wench, so I couldn't really care less what she thinks anyway :P
  • Options
    lbi21lbi21 member
    Stay home!  I hate going to work and leaving LO!  Any excuse is a good excuse to me!  Hope baby is feeling well soon!
  • Options
    I feel guilty when I miss work and stay home with him...I feel bad when I leave him sick to go to work. it's a lose lose for me......
  • Options
    I feel guilty, but only b/c my work is so great about it.  I pretty much have unlimited sick time and they are very family friendly, so I just never want them to think I'm taking advantage.  There have been a few times that I've still sent her to my sister's-at her approval-when a daycare would have sent her home.  She's even taken her to the pedi for me.  It's one of the major things I'm dreading about putting DD in daycare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"