Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If you had a c-section...

A very good friend is about to deliver her baby via c-section within the next hour. She called to tell me she was being prepped and I promised to visit her in the hospital tomorrow or Thursday. What kinds of things do you think I can bring her (not the baby, got baby gifts already) in the hospital? Is there anything you really wish you'd had to make you more comfortable?

I am so over-the-moon excited for her, but am trying to keep myself from telling our other friends until I get word that the baby has actually been delivered.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you had a c-section...

• I loved my compression wrap, I wish I had more than two
  • I honestly don't know if there is anything extra I wish I had with my unplanned section. I was in the hospital longer than planned though and wish I had 1 more change of clothes and a few more snacks for between meals.

Yay for a new baby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • a milkshake :) 

i've had 2 now and can't think of anything different than what other new moms would want in the hospital. 

DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • imagealli&pat:

a milkshake :) 

i've had 2 now and can't think of anything different than what other new moms would want in the hospital. 

Oh my gosh your so right. Someone brought me a large chocolate shake from Jack in the Box.... YUMMY!

• I was wishing for a full nights sleep. Hannah didn't keep me up, it was the nurses coming and going all night (instead of durning the day).  A magazine would have been nice.  Even a lofa & smelly good body wash!!  I was just happy to see friends visit to be honest.
  • FOOD!   I can't think of anything else that really would have made a big difference, but snacks are great - by the time you see her she should definitely be allowed to eat (some hospitals make you wait longer than others).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageTabby2727:
    I was wishing for a full nights sleep. Hannah didn't keep me up, it was the nurses coming and going all night (instead of durning the day).  A magazine would have been nice.  Even a lofa & smelly good body wash!!  I was just happy to see friends visit to be honest.

I second the good smelling stuff :) 

It seemed like forever until them let me shower so having something really aromatic made it even more awesome  

• Snacks!  And trashy magazines, People, Cosmo, etc.
  • I second the loofah, but one with a handle so she can reach all over would be good. I also would have appreciated magazines, books, DVDs, anything like that. Maybe some candies she can keep by her for a snack. 
  • Vitamin Water or Gatorade! A sound machine.... food,dry shampoo :) -- basically anything you'd want even if you didn't have a c-section!
  • MOVIES!!!!!

My hospital had a tv in every room that got 13 channels and every morning 8 of them had news going. By the third day I was dying for some movies to watch, especially since I was up at all hours of the night feeding.  

• one of my gfs brought me a small box of hand picked chocolates from see's candy and a mini asti spumante bottle. i ate the chocolate there and drank the bottle later at home. i was really happy when i was eating that chocolate!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • A good meal!

Magazines

Snacks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • A friend bought me some yummy, awesome, hand lotion and stayed the entire night to give DH a break and be there for me.  My c-section was fairly upsetting to me so she just listened and was my best friend.  :)  
    AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • A good Meal!!!! Does she like a particular place? You could bring her lunch.

There wasn't alot I needed while in the hospital. I had already packed good slippers and socks and some nightgowns that were easy for breastfeeding. If she doesn't ahve any of these you could bring that to her. Or a really good nursing sports bra.

Again she has probably packed most of that stuff. I honestly just liked having visitors.

• A Loofah would have been nice but I was only allowed to use a washcloth that they provided to me. They said loofah's were more likely to get caught in the staples. I can't use scented stuff b/c my skin is too sensitive but I got out my Dove soap and my nurse had to approve of it first. They said it is really important to use very mild soap so as not to irritate the incision. She was ok with Dove Bar soap that I brought.
  • i'm so glad you're thinking of HER and not just the baby!!! not to sound selfish, but alot of people forget about the sore and tired mama that just gave birth via major surgery! props to you.
    i'm sure she'll enjoy food. and anything to pass the time away, magazines, movies, book, puzzles.

yay for babies!!!SmileSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"