Trouble TTC

I don't think I can do anymore of this

I feel like a crazy women, I have no control over my emotions. One second I'm screaming then next I'm crying and not just at home with DH, but at work as well. I have night sweats and hot flashes every other day. I don't own enough Tylenol for all the headaches I have been having.

So what do I do...The plan is to start 200mg of Clomid tomorrow after my BW. I feel like I need a new plan. Any advice would be helpful...

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

Re: I don't think I can do anymore of this

• have you talked to your RE?  I told my RE I wouldn't do any more clomid cycles because of the side effects and he understood.  We are moving on to injects

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• I thought I was having some notable hot flashes and mood swings on 150.  Then I took 200.  My husband and I agreed after one cycle at 200 (during which time I did not O) that we would not do Clomid again at that dosage.  It's worth the added expense for us to do something different (Femara now and injects if this doesn't work) than try Clomid again with those s/e (not that my RE suggested it anyway).  If it had worked, it would be different.  I just didn't feel like banging my head against that particular wall any more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to talk to my nurse tommorrow after my blood work. Like I was saying to my DH even If I "O" on this dose I can't tolerate several mths. on it till i get knocked up. So we will see what my RE says tommorrow.

2004- DX with PCOS

• imagebtaylor19:
    have you talked to your RE?  I told my RE I wouldn't do any more clomid cycles because of the side effects and he understood.  We are moving on to injects

This!  GL

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• I have no advice girl, that sucks :(  It sounds like it's time to move on from Clomid though.  I hope things get better.
  • Thanks

2004- DX with PCOS

• Sorry you're having so much difficulty with clomid.  Are you getting follies at all? If you get follies but don't O could you look at a trigger?  Nonetheless, it's definitely time to step away from the clomid.  Good luck tomorrow! I hope they have some good answers for you.
  • Sorry you are going through this.  For me acupuncture and a mix of Chinese Herbs for Ying and Yang balance has done wonders for my emotions and moods.
  • I was pretty hormonal on the Clomid too.  Once second I would be perfectly fine and the next second I would be giving my DH the biggest tongue lashing.  I've taken the past 2 months off, and while it has sucked to be on break cycles, I've loved feeling more human again.  DH is pretty glad to have me back too.  Maybe take a month off and then move on to injects?
    Mrs. Little Drew 10/25/08
    Blog
    TTC since 1/2010 - Dx with Stage IV Endo
    11/10 - 100mg Clomid + trigger + IUI + Estradiol + Progesterone = BFN
    12/10 - Unmedicated cycle due to RE not doing treatments in December = BFN
    1/11 - 100mg Clomid + trigger + IUI + Estradiol + Progesterone = BFN
    2/11 - Same sh!t, different month = IUI cancelled due to no response = BFN
    IVF #1 - Start stims (Follistim) 5/10, add in Ganirelix 5/14
    ER 5/21 - 13 retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized; ET 5/26 - transferred one perfect 1AA blast. 3 snowbabies.
    Beta 6/3 - 15.8; Beta 6/7 - 21.8; Beta 6/10 - 7 :(
    FET - Transferred 1 AA blast 7/11. Beta 7/20 - 311! Beta 7/22 - 784!! First u/s 8/10
    *~PAIFW/SAIFW~*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was a mess my last Clomid cycle. I couldn't stop screaming at DH over the littlest things. And the hot flashes... ugh. I was only on 100 mg, and actually did just fine the first two times. But after last month it was time to move on. I told my RE I wouldn't do any more Clomid, and we decided to move to injectables. There are options! Hopefully your doctor will let you change plans! I totally understand where you are coming from. Clomid is an evil little pill. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Please, please be careful on the 200mg! I know everyone reacts differently to that medication, but this last cycle, I took it for two days at 200mg and was having double vision and the worst hot flashes ever! The hot flashes will probably get worse for you like they did for me. Call your doc immediately if you have any weird vision. I am going on femera this next cycle to see if that will work for me better. Good luck my dear!
  • imagebtaylor19:
    have you talked to your RE?  I told my RE I wouldn't do any more clomid cycles because of the side effects and he understood.  We are moving on to injects

Agree! My RE said that after three cycles of Clomid, it is time to move on. He also did not give me anything higher than 50 mg, he said that is all you need.

Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • image99luftballoons:
    I have no advice girl, that sucks :(  It sounds like it's time to move on from Clomid though.  I hope things get better.

This exactly

• I'm sorry Jenn!!!

Hope you feel better soon! 

• Thanks for all the love a support ladies!! I had a strange convo with my nurse will post about that later

2004- DX with PCOS

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"