Babies: 0 - 3 Months

night sleeping

my baby girl is 3 weeks old and still wakes up every 2 hours through the night to feed.  Is that pretty normal? when will she be able to go longer? she can go 3-4 hours during the day but for whatever reason she wakes every 2 hours at night.  When did your LO start sleeping longer at night?

Re: night sleeping

• imagebeaner123:
    my baby girl is 3 weeks old and still wakes up every 2 hours through the night to feed.  Is that pretty normal? when will she be able to go longer? she can go 3-4 hours during the day but for whatever reason she wakes every 2 hours at night.  When did your LO start sleeping longer at night?

That is totally normal, especially if you breastfeed like I do.  If I didn't have DD drinking up formula right before bed, I'd still only get about 3 hours inbetween feedings most nights.  DD went from sleeping 1-2 hours at night to 2.5-3 at about 4 weeks old.  Growth spurts also made her sleep less at night and more during the day, but after the 3 week one she was noticeably better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • night sleeping? what's that?  Confused
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My little guy is almost 3 weeks old. He is BF every 3 hours. He sleeps a little better during the day too. We did luck up and get 4 hrs out of him 2 differ nights! I realized it was on days we did his longer bath and he had more awake time after feedings! I make sure to wake him for his daytime feedings on time, and then if he sleeps a little longer at night, I'm ok with it!!

Good luck!

• There are still nights where I am up 2 or 3 times a night, and she is two months old. Those nights are now few and far between but still exist.
  • Not to burst your bubble, but mine is almost 8 wks old and still wakes up every 2-3 hours at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"