Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Live From Labor and Delivery...

Well, here it is.

6:15am and I am laying in a hospital bed.  What a trip.  My water broke at 3:30 this morning, and the adventure has begun.

In just a few short hours, I'll be giving birth to a baby that will not be my own.  a few short hours after that my friends and I will be signing all the necessary adoption paperwork that will give them the baby girl they have tried so hard to have.  I am blessed to be able to give them this gift, and blessed to have friends who are so amazing that I would want them to take my child.

Marissa Layne M_____, I will always love you, you are blessed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Live From Labor and Delivery...

• Wow!  You're an awesome person.  Congrats on the gift you're about to give.  Congrats to Marissa and her family : )
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • There aren't sufficient words for how amazing you are. Is it hard? I'm sure it is. You deserve the best of everything in this life!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Loading the player...
  • congrats to you and the adopting family! you have such a wonderful heart. T&P's for a speedy delivery, healthy baby, and good recovery! :)
  • You are an amazing human being. I will  thinking of you and hoping for a smooth delivery and a great recovery. I know that it might be a little hard but what you are doing for your friends is amazing.
  • That's amazing. Good luck to you! :)
  • You're amazing but I'm sure you know that right?

I can't wait to hear the birth story.

Good luck 

• Good luck with the delivery!!!!

I think it amazing that you are giving your friends this wonderful gift.  It is so impressive how selfless you are being and that this child is going to be loved by so many people.

Congratulations!

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • I can't imagine the feelings you're having right now. T&P for healthy delivery!
  • Dilated to 6 and moving along beautifully.  My friends are on their way in (they live about 2 hours from us) and will probably be here to hold their little one shortly after she's born.

Thank you guys for all the compliments, i'm truthfully a little "embarassed" (not really sure that's the right word...more like shy I guess LOL) by it all.

And for those who commented/asked if it is hard.  It is the HARDEST thing I think i've ever done...but the closer we get to doing this, the more relieved and wonderful I feel.

Not sure if anyone on here is religious, but I am, and i truly believe that God is having a hand in helping me feel happy about this instead of grieving about it.  I'm sure there WILL be grief, but I have faith that we will all support each other and get through it.

Off to have a baby!!!

• Popping over...

I got goosebumps reading this. You are such an amazing person! Many blessings to you and your family. 

THIS ISN'T THE BUMP, THIS IS SPARTA!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are amazing! 

image image
  • Good luck today!
  • I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • Good luck today!  It's so awesome that you're able to do this for your friends AND for your child.  I wish you all a healthy and happy life.
  • I am saying a prayer for you right now! I prayed everything goes smoothly, that Marissa has the best life imaginable, and that your family's time of grieving is a short one. Stay strong. You are so brave. God will bless your family and Marissa's! :) ((((((((big hugs))))))))
  • Easy labor vibes! As everyone has stated before me, you are amazing. Adoption is a beautiful thing <3<3

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • What an amazing gift! I pray for a easy delivery, a healthy baby and for your time of grief to be small. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are an amazing woman. I can't imagine what you are going through, but what a good friend you are to give your friends the most amazing gift. T&Ps for an easy and safe delivery.
  • I don't know your story, but as an adoptive parent I have such respect and appreciation for women who make this selfless decision out of love for their child.  You should be very proud of yourself, and know that you are giving the adoptive family the most incredible gift and forever changing their lives for the better.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of our birth mother and thank God for her and the decision she made.
  • You really are amazing! You, Marissa, and her new parents are in my thoughts.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • what an awesome thing you are doing, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. May your birth be easy and your time with her special as you get ready to give a family a dream come true.

May God bless you for the kindness you have shown your friends.

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Congrats to you, and to your baby's adoptive family. I was in your place 7 years ago. Exactly 7 years ago tomorrow I signed all the papers and made it official. *HUGS* many good thoughts and prayers. We have to wait 72 hours in Ohio, and the second day was the hardest. In the end, the heartache is temporary, because you know that the best thing was done for you, your family, and your baby. You're an amazing and strong woman who is doing God's work for someone who will lavish your baby with everything she needs, wants and more.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• WOW!  As everyone said already, you are amazing!  You have me in tears thinking about the love you must have for your friends to do this for them.  G-d Bless You, Marissa, and your friends.  I hope you can maintain a relationship with Marissa (if you are emotionally able to).  Maybe you can be her "special aunt".
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
  • I admire you for what you are doing and my thoughts and prayers are with you and that very special baby.
    Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The world is a better place because of people like you.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What you are doing is so amazing and you are such a strong woman for doing this. Best of luck for a fast and easy delivery (if you haven't already had her already). 
    Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • Thoughts and prayers for a smooth delivery, and little heartache. You are a strong woman. Hugs!
  • I remember when you first found out you were pregnant & posted about it.  Sounds like you are a very strong person.  I hope you have a smooth delivery.  

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Wow! Wish you the best of luck for your delivery and recovery. Your friends are very lucky to have a friend like you! Congrats!
  • And baby is had.

To tell the truth things are still a bit of a blur, LOL, but delivery went very well.  Marissa was born at 10:45 this morning.  I remembered all my "tricks" from giving birth to my DD last year and remembered to get my epidural as soon as they would let me, so things were smooth and virtually pain free (virtually, yeah, right).

I'm actually in really good spirits right now.  My friends got here in time to where my girl-friend could see her daughter being born (I felt too weird to let her husband be in the delivery room, but I felt like I wanted HER there at least) and it was an AMAZING experience to get to see the joy on her face when baby Marissa arrived.  We allowed my friend to cut the cord.  Me and baby are doing very well health wise.  I couldn't have asked for a better L&D.

We will have to wait 72 hours to "make it official" officially, but my friends are planning to stay in town with us until then and take their daughter home with them when that time comes.

My step children are coming to visit us at the hospital tomorrow, and they are 100% aware of what's going on.  I just hope they can continue to be as understanding as they have been through all of this.

I feel like there should be more to say, LOL, but at the moment I just don't even have any words.  Big Smile

• I've been waiting for an update from you. I've been thinking and praying for you all day. I am glad that your L&D went smoothly. You are still a much stronger woman than I will ever be.
  • Hope everything goes smoothly with the adoption and the post-partum healing period.  You gave the most amazing gift a person can possibly give!!!
  • What a great update! I am so glad everything went smoothly for you. You are an amazingly strong woman.
    Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • You are an amazing person. I hope for the best for Marissa and her new family. Heal quickly Mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What an amazing and loving woman and mother you are. Congratulations to you, Marissa and her new family and I hope nothing but the absolute best for all of you, you deserve nothing but.
  • I'm glad delivery went well. I hope you have a relatively easy recovery. What you are doing is absolutely amazing and I hope you find strength in knowing what an amazing thing you have done.
  • You are an amazing and strong woman.  It's nice to know there are still wonderful people like you around.  I wish the best for everyone, your friends and the baby and especially you.  I hope you have a fast and easy recovery.  You know you have us ladies here for support if you ever need it.
  • What an amazing and priceless gift you are giving to your friends. Best of luck thru labor, delivery, and recovery! I hope the entire process goes smoothly for you and that you feel an overwhelming sense of peace in the end.

ETA: I'm glad to hear her delivery was a success. You sound like you are in great spirits and that you are doing well so far. Your strength is really inspiring!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"