2nd Trimester

non-alcoholic wine

I'm not really much of a drinker but am REALLY craving wine right now.  I know a glass or two is okay but I just wnat to stay away from that.  Any opinions on nonalcoholic wine?  Anyone had it?  Does it taste the same?

Re: non-alcoholic wine

• My ILs bought some for me, LOL. I've had a couple glasses with them - it basically tastes like wine-ish grape juice.  It's not bad, but not quite the same. I actually prefer NA beer right now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image+diana82+:
    My ILs bought some for me, LOL. I've had a couple glasses with them - it basically tastes like wine-ish grape juice.  It's not bad, but not quite the same. I actually prefer NA beer right now.

Agreed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, the taste is not even close to the real thing. Don't do it! :)

I had a sip of the real stuff for my 30th bday, it was heavenly. 

• image+diana82+:
    My ILs bought some for me, LOL. I've had a couple glasses with them - it basically tastes like wine-ish grape juice.  It's not bad, but not quite the same. I actually prefer NA beer right now.

This exactly!!!! I have been loving some of the coors light NA beer its perfect for this weather weve been having!!!

• If you even remotely like regular wine, don't even go there.  It's awful stuff.  Blech. And it fools you, because it smells like the real deal, so you get excited.... then you take a sip... ick.  Alcohol-free champagne is the best and closest substitute for the real thing that I've found.  Even N/A beer has a weird funky aftertaste.

I miss the booze :( 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imageHappyAardvark:

If you even remotely like regular wine, don't even go there.  It's awful stuff.  Blech. And it fools you, because it smells like the real deal, so you get excited.... then you take a sip... ick.  Alcohol-free champagne is the best and closest substitute for the real thing that I've found.  Even N/A beer has a weird funky aftertaste.

OMG the smell is the worst!  It totally sets you up.  I've found that O'Douls is suprisingly good - especially the Amber version. And I don't get the after taste. Becks and St Pauli girl have the worst after taste for me.

• I miss wine :(  I'm sitting here whining about no wine...wow that was bad. 

Wish I were a beer fan!  Interestingly though my NA wine says it has minimal amounts of alcohol in it.....I'm a little annoyed now.  Paranoid part of me says don't do it.  The hormonal part me says just drink it, you freak!

• I've never had NA wine, but the beer isn't too bad. I mean, it's by no means the same, but it's reasonably close.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • imagewanticecream:

I miss wine :(  I'm sitting here whining about no wine...wow that was bad. 

Wish I were a beer fan!  Interestingly though my NA wine says it has minimal amounts of alcohol in it.....I'm a little annoyed now.  Paranoid part of me says don't do it.  The hormonal part me says just drink it, you freak!

Meh. It's negligible.  There's a trace amount in OJ supposedly even - I wouldn't worry about it.

• image+diana82+:
    imagewanticecream:

I miss wine :(  I'm sitting here whining about no wine...wow that was bad. 

Meh. It's negligible.  There's a trace amount in OJ supposedly even - I wouldn't worry about it.

::walking to kitchen:: Big Smile

• My DH doesn't drink so I've tried quite a few. It's okay but I'd rather have an ounce or two of really good wine and savor it over a long meal.
  • I was really hoping I'd like the NA wine, but it takes like grape juice.  Blah.  Not what I was hoping for.  Haven't tried a NA beer yet.  I'll probably indulge once the weather gets nicer. 
  • imagemamarunner:
    I was really hoping I'd like the NA wine, but it takes like grape juice.  Blah.  Not what I was hoping for.  Haven't tried a NA beer yet.  I'll probably indulge once the weather gets nicer. 

yep!  smells real...but tastes like grape juice...don't care1 Totally hit the spot!

• I'd really rather the neer-beer too.
    8/27/10 MC at 14 wks ~ 5/22/11 David was Stillborn at 23 wks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Glad I'm not the only one craving booze haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageHappyAardvark:

If you even remotely like regular wine, don't even go there.  It's awful stuff.  Blech. And it fools you, because it smells like the real deal, so you get excited.... then you take a sip... ick.  Alcohol-free champagne is the best and closest substitute for the real thing that I've found.  Even N/A beer has a weird funky aftertaste.

Me too.  I've just wanted a glass of wine all week, DD's been teething and DH's has been working late/out of town so I've been going crazy.  I only have a small glass occasionally with a nice meal when I'm pregnant.  I just couldn't justify a glass to unwind at the end of the day right now.

Dittos on the N/A beer though.  St Pauli Girl is my favorite.  I might have to try the N/A Champagne.

• I'm enjoying the occasional glass of the real stuff. 

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• There is an "award winning" brand called Ariel that makes N/A wine.  I tried the white a couple of weekends ago and it definitely tastes just like a sweeter chardonnay.  I prefer dry wine so it wasn't my favorite but it was refreshing to have a glass.  I'm going to look for the red version this weekend in hopes that it will fill the void!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLNHinton:
    There is an "award winning" brand called Ariel that makes N/A wine.  I tried the white a couple of weekends ago and it definitely tastes just like a sweeter chardonnay.  I prefer dry wine so it wasn't my favorite but it was refreshing to have a glass.  I'm going to look for the red version this weekend in hopes that it will fill the void!

I had the Ariel red (Cabernet?) a few weeks ago, it was very forgettable and tasted like grape juice.  Too sweet and grapey. It was better than nothing, but I had one glass and it is still in the fridge. Definitely didn't take away my want of real wine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • It's not quite the same but it'll so. Although, I actually enjoy the taste of NA beer more. I;m not much of a beer drinker either. Heineken makes a good one called Buckler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"