2nd Trimester

First pregnancy-lots of different problems

Hi everyone! This is my first pregnancy and I'm so confused on many things. I am at 17 weeks and still don't have an appetite. I get hungry but nothing sounds good at all. Also I've been having lots of cramping (no bleeding) that comes and goes. Not only that but I'm having trouble using the bathroom. Sometimes I'm fine and others times I have to go so bad, the pressure hurts and basically all I get is a trickle. Negative on UTI. And then today I started getting pain in my left side (is it because I've been sleeping on my left side only?). I've talked to my doctor and he says all is normal, but is it normal to have this many problems? Thanks for listening.

Re: First pregnancy-lots of different problems

• I'm a first time mom too, and I've learned that there are SO many weird aches, pains, and feelings that come with being pregnant. Up until a few weeks ago, I was discovering new symptoms and odd feelings about once a day.  As long as your doctor says your symptoms are normal, I wouldn't worry about it. Pregnancy does crazy things to your body!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone is different so everyone experiences a different set of problems/symptoms with their pregnancy. Some people get all that plus some, and some people have comfortable, symptom-free pregnancies. But if your doctor is telling you that everything is okay then I'd take his word :) I do hope you feel better soon though, and welcome to the bump!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 15wks along in my first pregnancy also and I've had the same problem.  So many weird feelings....pains and emotions.  It's nice to hear someone else's feeling the same way :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemallorynelson:
    I'm a first time mom too, and I've learned that there are SO many weird aches, pains, and feelings that come with being pregnant. Up until a few weeks ago, I was discovering new symptoms and odd feelings about once a day.  As long as your doctor says your symptoms are normal, I wouldn't worry about it. Pregnancy does crazy things to your body!

This.

• I hate to tell you this, but I think all of that can fall under the fairly common things that can happen when you are pregnant.

I know last pregnancy the whole time it seemed like NOTHING sounded good, even when I was hungry.

Cramping can be normal, make sure your doctor knows, but it is probably just your uterus streaching & growing

I did the exact same thing with the bathroom stuff last time... and after DD was born it was fine again.

The side pain could be a lot of different things, but hang in there... the baby will be worth it.  Pregnancy can be a real pain, literally, but ladies do it over and over again because kids are so worth it.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All normal. These things aren't "problems" they are a normal part of being pregnant.

• That's all just part of being pregnant. This is my 3rd & I've had many of those symptoms. Hopefully things get better for you, they did for me! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I've read that increasing your water intake to 60-70 ounces will help with the cramping and the potty issues. I know if I don't drink enough water I start to get crampy and grumpy. The only bad side effect is peeing every 20 mins!  I did not really get my appetite back until just a few weeks ago- so hang in there.
  • yep, sounds normal. Pregnancy is noooo picnic.

• I have had many of those symptoms as well. I've been losing weight instead of gaining and right now my doctor hasn't seemed too worried about it. You're body is changing so much and you're making a person inside you so your body has to contort and stretch to fit that bean. Like many of the other ladies have said, I wouldn't be too worried if your doctor thinks they are normal and doesn't seem to concerned.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes - all sounds pretty normal and if your only 17 weeks there will be more to come.  And then strange things will happen after baby (like hair loss around the 3 month mark).  The good news is you will get your body back eventually!  Hang in there!
  • Sorry, completely normal. Your baby must be sitting on your bladder. Try leaning forward when you pee, or rocking forward and backward - it helps. Try to move around when sleeping too, that way your internal organs stay 'centred' during periods of rest... even though they don't have much space to move.

My first pregnancy was harder than this 2nd one is. Part of the reason for that is your body is learning how to grow a baby - it's never done that before.

Your appetite should return in the next few weeks...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"