Baby Names

Help naming DS#2

Our first DS is Alexander Grant Walker and he goes by Alex.  I like names that people will know how to spell when the hear it and know if it is a boy / girl when they see it.  I dont want a top ten name again (there are several Alex's in our moms group and it is confusing). 

We really like Davis for a middle name after my father (David) but are stuck coming up with a first name.  We have thrown around Lincoln for a while but I am not totally sold.  

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help naming DS#2

• I like Davison Lincoln - personally ....NN Davis
    - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • imagefeffy11:

With a DS with a middle name Grant, I would stay away from any more presidential names for subsequent children. I love using Davis as a middle name, and feel it's up to par with DS #1's middle name. Now for a first name.

How about a name like Nathaniel or Asher? Or another Greek name like Theodore or Nicholas? Is Thomas too boring? How about Patrick? Hudson Davis came to mind, I think it makes a nice combination.

I get what you're saying, but there are a lot of presidential names in your suggestions...

OP- I really like your first son's name. I'm not crazy about the Lincoln, but if you like it, use it. Is there something about Lincoln Davis that you don't like? I think it flows ok, though nms.  

• Loading the player...
  • imagefeffy11:

With a DS with a middle name Grant, I would stay away from any more presidential names for subsequent children. I love using Davis as a middle name, and feel it's up to par with DS #1's middle name. Now for a first name.

How about a name like Nathaniel or Asher? Or another Greek name like Theodore or Nicholas? Is Thomas too boring? How about Patrick? Hudson Davis came to mind, I think it makes a nice combination.

DH is Andrew Nicholas so those are out.  I like Thomas but had a long relationship with a Thomas before DH and have a difficult association with that name. I love Theodore but DH nixed that one because of the chipmunk Huh?

Everyone (and I know their opinions really dont matter) keeps saying that we need another "presidential" or strong name for DS#2. 

• I think Davis as a first name is great.  Alex and Davis has a nice flow to it:)  Lincoln is nms.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker

• I just really dont like Lincoln as a first name and right now it is the only thing that DH will suggest.  It is driving me crazy!  

• I personally love the name Lincoln.

What about: Nicholas, Michael, Christopher. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • James Davis

Benjamin Davis

Everett Davis

Gabriel Davis

Jonathan Davis

Samuel Davis

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like boring boy's names: Jason, Michael, James

If you are music fans you can always name him Miles :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I like Lincoln Davis a lot! Good luck!

ETA: I just saw your post about not being crazy about Lincoln. What about...

Joel Davis

Wyatt Davis

Nolan Davis

Marshall Davis

Tyler Davis

Mitchell Davis

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I put Davis, Lincoln, Walker, Grant and Alexander in Nymbler and this is what it spit out:

Wilson              Mitchell                        Forrest

Ross                Preston                         Vaughan

Jack                Noah                              Benjamin

William              Nelson                         Henry

Oliver                  Bennett                        James

I personally like Lincoln - but of the list above, I love Oliver Davis, Vaughan Davis and Benjamin Davis.

Alex and Oliver - or Alex and Ben sound great!

• How about:

Bennett Davis....love Alex and Ben together.

Also:

Nathaniel Davis

Nolan Davis

Elliott Davis

Evan Davis

Garrett Davis--oh, I like that one!

Carson Davis--although I would stay away from the last name as a first name thing b/c of the middle name--I would want a more traditional boys name.

• imageNic&Susie:
    imagefeffy11:

DH is Andrew Nicholas so those are out.  I like Thomas but had a long relationship with a Thomas before DH and have a difficult association with that name. I love Theodore but DH nixed that one because of the chipmunk Huh?

Everyone (and I know their opinions really dont matter) keeps saying that we need another "presidential" or strong name for DS#2. 

I agree that a strong name to match DS #1 is best, however, Lincoln and Grant are both Civil War era... it's getting a bit too Civil War themed for me with that combo, especially with Davis (Jefferson Davis) thrown in there representing the South.

What about a traditional, strong names like William, Graham, Edward, Charles, Richard, Paul, Benjamin (may be too popular), Joseph, Jonathan, Nicholas, Clark, Cole, Sebastian, Seth, Adam... (sorry if these seem random, I am literally just thinking of "commanding" men I know, ha!).

• Douglas, Andrew (Drew), Gregory, Richard
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image2moms2twins:
    I like Davison Lincoln - personally ....NN Davis

this

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer Davidson over Davis. 

Nic(h)olas Davidson?   You'd be honoring your husband and father. 

Nathaniel Davidson 

Benjamin Davidson 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • I've been reading through the suggestions.... I really like the way Oliver Davis or Benjamin Davis sound....they flow nicely
  • Thank you all for your help so far!!!   I really like a lot of them ... now to get DH on board.  Bennett is a favorite and I also really like Garrett along with some others. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"