Working Moms
Options

Just need to vent! (Kind of long!)

Hello ladies!  I am lurker and normally don't post much, but I just needed to get htis out :) 

Ugh!  Just found out today from DH that MIL is coming to spend the night Thursday to babysit on Friday since he has to go into the office that day (he usually works from home on Fridays)  My parents babysit for us all week and they are always available to help on Fridays if we need them.  The problem is that DH is hell bent on having his mom help too.  She is single and in real estate.  She has no set schedule and she is beyond self absorbed!  She makes everything always about her "I this, I that"  It is really frustrating!  A few weeks ago DH spent an entire Sunday waiting for her to show up at our house so he could set up her computer.  She was supposed to be here at 10 am and never bothered to even call-turns out she was in Brooklyn (spending the night) with a "friend"  and having a late brunch.  She didn't show up til almost 6 then suprise!  She used our house as a place to get ready for her tango dance party that was that evening and our house just happened to be on the way. 

I ciuld count on my fingers the number of times she has seen my DD since she was born and that past three times he asked her to help out there has been some sort of confusion to the point that she (without our permission) made alternate plans with my SIL and DH's 81 year old grandmother who just had hip surgery to watch the baby b/c something (an appointment, supposedly)  came up. 

It is extremely frustrating and of course DH is on the defensive whenever I bring up her behavior and gets annoyed with me that I am picking on her.  I have issuses with her going back to the night I gave birth when she told my parents they should leave the hospital and she caused a huge argument between my parents.  She also tried to take over and tell DH what bags I needed and what he should leave in my car.   I had a nice relationship with her prior to that, but ever since then things have just been different. My mom was deeply hurt by her behavior and she never apologized for being out of line. My parents are amazing! They are beyond helpful and they have a wonderful realtionship with our daughter.  MIL on the other hand is one huge headache.  

I know this is long and rambling but I just needed to get it out!  Thanks for listening, I know I can't really say much or do much but it feels good jsut to get it all out :)   

Re: Just need to vent! (Kind of long!)

• Options
    That's tough if your DH isn't on your side. Sorry you have to deal with that. Maybe have your parents "on deck" for back up friday if she flakes out again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have had run in's with my MIL before and my DH is the same way. There's nothing we can really do to change that part of them. i hope that at least this time she can follow through with her word.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemonkski:
    That's tough if your DH isn't on your side. Sorry you have to deal with that. Maybe have your parents "on deck" for back up friday if she flakes out again.

I would totally do this just in case she does flake out.

• Options

imagemonkski:

This sounds like a good plan to me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    lbi21lbi21 member

Thanks ladies for all your great advice! I pretty much felt that this would be the way to handle it and that is what I did!  Your mom-your problem!  I haven't called to check in all day (although it is killing me)  and I am going for a pedicaure after work today! 

• Options
    imagelbi21:

Thanks ladies for all your great advice! I pretty much felt that this would be the way to handle it and that is what I did!  Your mom-your problem!  I haven't called to check in all day (although it is killing me)  and I am going for a pedicaure after work today! 

Go you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"