Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby Insult :(

So last night I was over my sister's house and her sis-in-law was there with the her little boy. She said oh he's so cute about my LO so today on FB I said oh you're son is so cute and her reply to me was 'thanks so is yours...I can't get over those ears haha :)'

The remark pissed me off! Am I overreacting and should just let it slide or should I say something back like 'ears?! what do you mean?'  ... whenever someone says something about my LO's ears I get a lil defensive :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Insult :(

• I get offended whenever anyone says E is fat and usually I let it slide but it irks me to no end.

If someone said something about a specific body part though, I would probably ask what they meant by that.

• DD has some "ears" too... I love them! I wouldn't really get defensive, because I think they are absolutely adorable. I might be a little irked by the "haha" though. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagemollylila:

DD has some "ears" too... I love them! I wouldn't really get defensive, because I think they are absolutely adorable. I might be a little irked by the "haha" though. 

This exactly. I'd only get pissed if it was apparent that she meant it in a snarky way.

TTC #2 since 09/2016
    BFP 11/29 - m/c @ 5w
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I wouldn't really care. I doubt she meant it in a mean way unless she is a giant b!tch. Some people think ears are cute. Just ignore her.

BTW, I love the name Joel!

Lucas 11/10/2010 I Donovan 10/09/2007 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ReaLIZAtions
  • Ok first, he is ADORABLE. Second, normally when people say something about how big DS is, I always turn it around and say something about how I love having a big healthy baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't see anything weird about your DS's ears. I wonder if she doesn't mean anything by it?

How strange.

I can't imagine people deliberatly insulting a baby. When I see a chunky baby I love it- I always say they are so chubbalicious. Now I'm wondering if that makes moms mad?

• OK I am looking at all of your babies and see no weird ears, lips, or fatness.

I just see cute babies with very normal looking ears, lips and delicious chubbiness. 

I just don't see it. 

• imagePunkyBooster:

I don't see anything weird about your DS's ears. I wonder if she doesn't mean anything by it?

How strange.

I can't imagine people deliberatly insulting a baby. When I see a chunky baby I love it- I always say they are so chubbalicious. Now I'm wondering if that makes moms mad?

It only bothers me when people act like they are shocked or amazed at how big Luke is. Is he big for a 6 month old? Sure. Does it warrant gasps and wide eyed looks? No. Chubbalicious is cute. =)

• Thanks ladies! I guess I'll just let it slide--I don't know her well enough to know if she was being snarky but she prob didn't mean to be and I'm prob being a lil overly defensive. People should filter what comes out of their mouths!
  • imagePunkyBooster:

I don't see anything weird about your DS's ears. I wonder if she doesn't mean anything by it?

How strange.

This. I don't see how she could possibly be insulting him so I think she meant it nice. He does'nt have an uncute feature on his body!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagePunkyBooster:

How strange.

It only bothers me when people act like they are shocked or amazed at how big Luke is. Is he big for a 6 month old? Sure. Does it warrant gasps and wide eyed looks? No. Chubbalicious is cute. =)

I get this all the time. I actually had someone accuse me of lying about my son's age because of his size. I love my little chunky  boy :)

OP your baby has beautiful ears!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagePunkyBooster:

How strange.

I get this all the time. I actually had someone accuse me of lying about my son's age because of his size. I love my little chunky  boy :)

Seriously? That's just insane!

• Everyone says something about my son's ears too!  We decorated his room in monkey's, BEFORE he was born, and every says we must of known that he was going to look like a little monkey!  It pisses me off too!. I dont think people are saying it to be mean. I think they think its cute but I think its rude to talk about some else's kids no matter what!  My son is adorable and his ears just make him even cuter! And it looks like you LO is freakin adorable too so screw her!
  • imageMrs.Bones:
    imagePunkyBooster:

OK I am looking at all of your babies and see no weird ears, lips, or fatness.

I just see cute babies with very normal looking ears, lips and delicious chubbiness. 

I just don't see it. 

These lips. I luff them Smile

O.M.G. He is too cute!!

• imageCrystal318:
    Everyone says something about my son's ears too!  We decorated his room in monkey's, BEFORE he was born, and every says we must of known that he was going to look like a little monkey!  It pisses me off too!. I dont think people are saying it to be mean. I think they think its cute but I think its rude to talk about some else's kids no matter what!  My son is adorable and his ears just make him even cuter! And it looks like you LO is freakin adorable too so screw her!

Ok, now that is rude!! I think your LO is cute, and I see no resemblance to a monkey!

• I think his ears are nom-able... then again, all of him looks pretty darn nom-able!!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• imageHisSunshine1220:
    imageMrs.Bones:
    imagePunkyBooster:

I just don't see it. 

O.M.G. He is too cute!!

I agree! I want to smooshy kiss his little face in! Not that I would ever kiss a stranger's baby, but if he were mine, I would have a hard time resisting!!!

• imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagePunkyBooster:

How strange.

I know! I just gave her this Hmm and walked away.

What's not to love about this:

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagePunkyBooster:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imageMrs.Bones:
    imagePunkyBooster:

I just don't see it. 

O.M.G. He is too cute!!

I agree! I want to smooshy kiss his little face in! Not that I would ever kiss a stranger's baby, but if he were mine, I would have a hard time resisting!!!

Seriously! He is going to be a ladykiller when he is older!

• I honestly think his ears are cute...I wouldn't be offended.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• imageMrs.Bones:
    imagePunkyBooster:

I just don't see it. 

I'm dying! I lurve them too :)

my read shelf:
  • imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagePunkyBooster:

How strange.

What a cutie!! Looks totally loveable to me!

• Babies are supposed to be roly poly. I love a chunkalicious baby.  LOVE!!!! I love big, fat thighs!!!

• When E was about a month old one of my step dad's nieces made a comment like, "Wow, that kid has a schnoz!". I was like, "Um...thanks??".  I was a little upset, because who says that about a baby? 
  • Dominic has super huge ears and I love him even more for it!  If people are looking at his ears I always make a joke like I don't know if they're mine or my husbands ears, or say "I keep telling him that he'll grow into them".  I've only had one man (DH's cousin's father) say "Dammnnnn look at those ears!!"  My suggestion is to stop being sensitive, it doesn't help anyone to be upset about it.  
  • I understand where you are coming from and why it would bother you.

It bothers me when people say "OMG, why are they so tiny?!" Uh, maybe because they were born at 30 weeks gestation. And I happen to think they are quite chunky considering they were born a little over 3 lbs, thank you very much!

I usually just let it slide or just respond with "They are preemies" and leave it at that. But it does really bother me too. It feels like they are picking on my babies and this Mama Bear does NOT like that Stick out tongue Now if this was coming from someone that I was close to, I would definately say something back to them. But anyone else I just let it go.

• imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagePunkyBooster:

How strange.

Thank you :) I love your siggy pic. Everytime I get the camera out to take pics of B laughing he clams up...lol

my read shelf:
  • imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagejessie395:
    imageHisSunshine1220:
    imagePunkyBooster:

How strange.

Thank you :) I love your siggy pic. Everytime I get the camera out to take pics of B laughing he clams up...lol

Aw thanks. =) Yeah, DS normally does the same thing. In this picture, he was actually screaming though. lol

• imagetSquared1987:

I understand where you are coming from and why it would bother you.

It bothers me when people say "OMG, why are they so tiny?!" Uh, maybe because they were born at 30 weeks gestation. And I happen to think they are quite chunky considering they were born a little over 3 lbs, thank you very much!

I usually just let it slide or just respond with "They are preemies" and leave it at that. But it does really bother me too. It feels like they are picking on my babies and this Mama Bear does NOT like that Stick out tongue Now if this was coming from someone that I was close to, I would definately say something back to them. But anyone else I just let it go.

People used to comment how tiny DS was. He was a small baby- 6.3 and dropped to 5.6 when he came home. Now he is average sized, but in those early months I got a lot of comments about how small he was. Finally I just lightheartedly started saying, "Well he has a pretty small mama!" which shut people up (I am on the thin side). 

• I would reply "the better to hear you with my dear *insert evil cackle*"
  • I turned it around & said 'I kno I love them too! They're the cutest huh!! ;)

I love chunky little babies too! And PP I love your LO's lips!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"