2nd Trimester

Old c-section pains...??

This is technically my 3rd pregnancy, the first 2 were c-sections (meaning of course, this one will be c section too). I am 23wks and I've been having a combination of dull & sharp pains around my scar. I've mentioned this to my OB, she says it's normal & everything is ok. I'm not doubting her at all, especially since she's had 3 c-sections. I didn't feel this with my last pregnancy, so I'm just a little curious...has anyone else felt this before?

Thanks!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Old c-section pains...??

• imagedolphace:

This is technically my 3rd pregnancy, the first 2 were c-sections (meaning of course, this one will be c section too). I am 23wks and I've been having a combination of dull & sharp pains around my scar. I've mentioned this to my OB, she says it's normal & everything is ok. I'm not doubting her at all, especially since she's had 3 c-sections. I didn't feel this with my last pregnancy, so I'm just a little curious...has anyone else felt this before?

Thanks!! 

I have not personally had this experience since this is my first pregnancy but I have had many people who have tell me that it is from the scar tissue. I am sure its perfectly normal :) 

• I am feeling the same thing. It scared the heck out of me at first and kind of still does.  My doc and my husband (med professional) both said it was the same, scar tissue stretching and breaking away. I take it a little slower especially standing up.  I find it a little easier to kind of hold that area when I stand.  Sounds wierd, like the "shuffle" you'd see them doing down the hall (remember?) the day after delivery. Feels like pulling sometimes too. Glad to know I am not alone.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This will be my third child and c-sec, (11th pg), and I've been feeling dull/sore pains by my c-sec scar.  My groin is also sore.  I don't remember my groin hurting this early last time, I think it was more towards the end, and it had felt like there was a bowling ball in there, lol.

All normal unfortunately...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually just started feeling this again this week. I felt it earlier on, but it stopped, and now lately I can feel some discomfort along my scar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Yup, normal.  I get it a lot too, and sometimes the pains are really bad.  It took me a while to connect the pain with the scar, but once I did I realized that the really bad sharp pains are almost always right along the scar line.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • I've been having a lot of pressure and general discomfort in that area from pretty much the beginning. Fun fun!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for all the comments! Glad to know I'm not the only one :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"